Board logo

ouch!! my eyes!
02GF74 - 21/1/08 at 04:37 PM

carlos fandago wheels anyone?

Confused but excited. - 21/1/08 at 04:41 PM

Did that used to belong to The General from 'Toys'? Same cammo.

Fatboy Dave - 21/1/08 at 04:45 PM

Holy hell :O

Always makes me laugh that does; someone goes to all the effort of flushing a bumper (or bootlid in this case), and then just plonks a numberplate on as an afterthought. Would have looked much better franched in, same with those lights.

iank - 21/1/08 at 04:45 PM

Bet he's smoothed out the boot lid number plate area by filling it with 1/2" of filler - probably in one go.

BenB - 21/1/08 at 04:46 PM

I'm not keen on the harlequin look but I reckon if that was sprayed matt black it'd look reet nice

Agriv8 - 21/1/08 at 04:48 PM

Not to my taste but one does wander how many Kg of filler has been used.

Regards

Agriv8

NigeEss - 21/1/08 at 04:51 PM

There's actually a lot of work gone into that. Pretty good deseaming job. Rip off
the daft spoiler, decent coat of paint and it'll be allright.

Oh, and put a bike engine in it

[Edited on 21/1/08 by NigeEss]

zilspeed - 21/1/08 at 05:02 PM

Hate to be the voice of disagreement here, but........

I reckon that's no more than a spoiler removal and a paint job away from being a nice mini.

allanbirt - 21/1/08 at 05:14 PM

second that. put a bike engine in

ravingfool - 21/1/08 at 05:27 PM

again, another vote of confidence here. That's a hell of a lot of work gone into the arches. shame about the spoiler but maybe there was some strange reason that's there temporarily... I hope!

bonzoronnie - 21/1/08 at 05:46 PM

They are not ordinary Carlos Fandango wheels.

They are M&S

Super Carlos Fandango ones

Good coat of paint Hmmmm

Hows about, large metalic flake. Candy Purlple

Nice

Ronnie

SeaBass - 21/1/08 at 05:56 PM

Carlos Fandango Super Wide Wheels

[Edited on 21/1/08 by SeaBass]

r1_pete - 21/1/08 at 06:07 PM

I recon it looks ok, apart from the 4ft of floorboard and meccano attached to the roof, no. plate could be better...

TGR-ECOSSE - 21/1/08 at 06:50 PM

Believe me i have seen a lot worse than that. That one looks fine to me apart from the bookshelf on the roof and the number plate would look better frenched into the rear valance.
The wheels look like deep dish minilight style like these.

zilspeed - 21/1/08 at 07:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SeaBass
Carlos Fandango Super Wide Wheels

[Edited on 21/1/08 by SeaBass]

How old did you say you were ?.......

hillbillyracer - 21/1/08 at 08:03 PM

I agree with the majority, apart from a decent paint job & the spoiler there's not much stopping it being a tidy motor.
If you want to see a Mini with wide wheels have a look for something that's making full use of the arches on a Fortech bodykit.
We had a lad in our local Mini club who'd put effort into doing stuff like deseaming, de-locked doors etc but the everyday repairs didnt matter to him, he turned up to a meeting with a bit of string from the wiper spindle to the front number plate. This turned out to be multi-functional as it both held the number plate up & the bonnet down!
He got nicknamed Johnny Death-wish, we thought he'd be mad when he found out but he got a T-shirt with it printed on with a pic of his smashed Mini!

t.j. - 21/1/08 at 08:18 PM

It looks like a rainbow now,

But after painting, removing the terrible spoiler and rear-lights it could be fine.

iank - 21/1/08 at 08:21 PM

Maybe, but looking at the chav bits I suspect great big lumps of bog will crack and fall out after 100miles.

Spyderman - 22/1/08 at 06:50 PM

I am amazed all that PlayDough has stayed put!
Must weigh a ton!