Board logo

New Cams fitted today.. OMG
Bass1st - 5/9/10 at 10:02 PM

Fitted Toda 272 7.9 cams to my 4age today - the difference is unbelievable!! Sounds great and goes like stink, and that is without a proper tune. I am going to enjoy my track day at Silverstone this Wednesday!!

RazMan - 5/9/10 at 10:32 PM

It is suprising how a set of good cams can transform a car - be sure to get it remapped before giving it the beans though

karlak - 5/9/10 at 10:32 PM

Yep, that was good fun blasting up the road giggling like a couple of kids - still cant believe it started first time

Gonna' have to do something to my Pinto so I can keep you in sight now I reckon...........

austin man - 5/9/10 at 10:47 PM

deffinitely need to get it mapped to ensure its not running too lean

Bass1st - 6/9/10 at 08:10 AM

Agree on the mapping, however seemed to run very well. Any risk if I don't to a map change to the engine? Don't want to bugger it up now I have it running! I have a track day on Wednesday...

RazMan - 6/9/10 at 08:35 AM

When I fitted hotter cams to my Duratec the map changed quite a lot although it was pulling very well. When I checked the AFR readings it was running so weak in the upper rev range I was seriously at risk of holing a piston!

Don't forget that the extra power usually requires extra fuel. You might get away with it with gentle road use but on the track you will be pushing things to the limit - best get it mapped and play safe

[Edited on 6-9-10 by RazMan]

Bass1st - 7/9/10 at 08:51 PM

Tried a plug cut tonight and the car is definately running lean (plugs very white!) - will take my Megane to the track day and get the carbs sorted for the next one.. shame - was looking forward to a session with my new found bhp.

RazMan - 7/9/10 at 10:23 PM

My work here is done