Board logo

How do I reverse switch on Quaife box?
mikegsi - 26/11/10 at 01:41 PM

So that when the lever is forward it's in forward, and when pulled back it's in reverse?

Is it possible without ripping everything out?

INDY BIRD - 26/11/10 at 03:52 PM

ok my quaiffe box is the other way around,

leaver forward ie towards the dash to engage reverse,

leaver back fir drive,

when forward the leaver earths a switch for reverse

cheers

hope this helps,??

bitsilly - 26/11/10 at 05:16 PM

Just in case your motivation is to get the lever out of the way, I can add that you can move it to the other side of the box, but this does not change the push pull.

mikegsi - 26/11/10 at 08:50 PM

Thanks for your posts, reading my initial question again I think I've mis-typed it!

I have a Quaife box already fitted and has the lever on the passenger side. When the lever is pushed forward, it's in reverse, when the lever is pulled backwards it's in drive.

Can I change it to vice versa, ie, with the lever pushed forward it's in drive, when pulled back it's in reverse?

I've decided on my mount for the lever, it's coming out of the dash and when pushed forward will be almost flush with the dash, and when pulled back will be an inch or so sticking out of the dash, hence why itd be better with drive in the pushed forward position

[Edited on 26/11/10 by mikegsi]

Blackbird Rush - 26/11/10 at 09:04 PM

My Quaife rev box operates thus....

Lever forward - forward
Lever rearward - reverse

This is with the 'selector stick' connected directly to the push pull bar comming out of the box.

I think if you have the quaife supplied doohicky that bolts to the box it reverses the above as it has a pivot point... pics below...

My Box

Quaife lever

mikegsi - 26/11/10 at 09:11 PM

That makes sense now, mine has the lever with pivot point on it which reverses the action.

Cool, back to the drawing board again

Cheers