Board logo

Push / Pull Cable
spdpug98 - 1/8/11 at 02:59 PM

Just been out for a little drive in the car, but about 1 mile down the road from home the push/pull cable for my paddle shift snapped. Luckily for me it snapped just as I changed into second and was therefore able to get home without too much of a problem

Now I have to get a new push/pull cable, I have sent an email to MNR but can anyone suggest an alternative supplier as this one has only lasted approx. 1200 miles

[Edited on 1/8/11 by spdpug98]

eddie99 - 1/8/11 at 03:02 PM

Hi,
I can get gear change cables at decent prices, I have found that they have lasted longer than any others i have tried. Do you know lengths and size that you use? Then i can get you a quote
Kind Regards
Ed

spdpug98 - 1/8/11 at 03:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by eddie99
Hi,
I can get gear change cables at decent prices, I have found that they have lasted longer than any others i have tried. Do you know lengths and size that you use? Then i can get you a quote
Kind Regards
Ed

Cheers, I will get it off the car later on and measure it and get some pics

Johneturbo - 1/8/11 at 04:27 PM

I got a cable from local boat chandlers for about £20 they use them for throttle/control cables they use the same M5 rode ends

eddie99 - 1/8/11 at 04:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Johneturbo
I got a cable from local boat chandlers for about £20 they use them for throttle/control cables they use the same M5 rode ends

I've tried one in the past and it snapped after being on track for about 10minutes

spdpug98 - 1/8/11 at 04:49 PM

I have now got it off the car and the measurements are:

Green Section (between start of threads) 1065mm approx

End to End 1380mm approx (prior to snapping!!)

Small threaded end 20mm approx

If you need any other dimensions let me know, a couple of pics below:

Toniq-r - 1/8/11 at 04:54 PM

Cable - Tec 01623440398 Used them last week great service, on the plus I upgraded my cable so hopefully it wil last longer.

Johneturbo - 1/8/11 at 05:03 PM

quote:
quote:

I've tried one in the past and it snapped after being on track for about 10minutes

I guess they must use different brands.... mines been on the road two years and i've done 2 trackdays with it

are you yanking it a bit to hard

ETA Teleflex is the brand i've used it's got a red outer sheath

http://marinestore.co.uk/teleflex-control-cables.html

i thought a few people on here used these

[Edited on 1/8/11 by Johneturbo]

spdpug98 - 1/8/11 at 05:23 PM

quote:
quote:
quote:

I guess they must use different brands.... mines been on the road two years and i've done 2 trackdays with it

are you yanking it a bit to hard

ETA Teleflex is the brand i've used it's got a red outer sheath

http://marinestore.co.uk/teleflex-control-cables.html

i thought a few people on here used these

[Edited on 1/8/11 by Johneturbo]

Cheers, will see what Ed comes back with