Board logo

Stoneleigh this year :?:
jester - 25/4/21 at 11:06 PM

Anybody no anything

chillis - 26/4/21 at 09:14 AM

Doesn't look like they are doing any shows or events before July according to their events page, so I suspect that's a no though whether the kit car show would have gone ahead anyway has been in doubt.

Mr Whippy - 26/4/21 at 10:09 AM

I think we have to remember that covid is far from over with some countries like India way out of control. Despite the lunatics on the news recently, we definitely have not eliminated the threat it poses. I know everyone is totally fed up with the whole thing and just wants things to go back to normal but car shows...not even a slight priority just now.

steve m - 26/4/21 at 01:10 PM

Although i do agree with Mr Whippy, if EVERYONE wore a mask, then these types of shows/events could go ahead

We are doing more this year, but continue to wear masks when ever we are within an area with others, especially ones we dont know

ReMan - 26/4/21 at 06:42 PM

Even a Newark revival was penned in but looks like that gone awa too. Can’t say I blame any organisers though things likethis are going to cost to organise

perksy - 26/4/21 at 08:09 PM

Too soon for shows imho

Still too many unknowns and to be fair to organisers I expect there'll be more reg's to comply with

With regards the small shows that are organised by volunteers, they might think its not worth all the palavar and will wait until next year...

joneh - 29/4/21 at 12:25 PM

I'm wondering if there's been an issue with the organisers, as the website still refers to 2020 and requests you keep the ticket for 2021...

I hope they're well and update us soon. It would be great for it to go ahead in August, although tight to organise in that timeframe.

tims31 - 29/4/21 at 05:32 PM

Not quite the same but I do believe that Kitfest is going ahead at this moment in time.

I went to the first one in 2019 and although not very big there were kits there and people to chat to.

the Santa Pod link still has 2020 on but the facebook link shows as 2021 %7D]https://www.facebook.com/events/

[Edited on 30/4/21 by tims31]

rusty nuts - 5/5/21 at 07:01 PM

Stoneliegh might be back on , possibly in August?

rusty nuts - 5/5/21 at 07:04 PM

Newark show provisional dates July 24th and 25th!

joneh - 5/5/21 at 07:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by rusty nuts

Boom! Awesome. Fingers crossed.

adithorp - 5/5/21 at 07:48 PM

quote:

Looks like very provisional info on their Facebook page. Great news if it happens.

jester - 5/5/21 at 10:55 PM

quote:

Thats Good News

SPYDER - 6/5/21 at 07:18 PM

Looks like Newark could be on too.