Board logo

Teesside videos
Andy D - 23/10/21 at 02:10 PM

Good day at Teesside kart track yesterday, with Jim87 and Gord, you still on here?

Was a quiet day with only around 20 cars entered, so no queues, and I didn't see any red flags, well worth the £65.

Some footage:
First a morning session following the two Mazda powered cars.

And a session behind Jim87's red MNR, untill we came across a bit of an oil spill.

And lastly an afternoon session chasing after Gord's orange car. Clio gets a bit of a tank slapper on in front of us at one point.

Sanzomat - 23/10/21 at 04:33 PM

Looks a lot of fun. Enjoyed watching that. Your car sounds lovely.

ReMan - 23/10/21 at 06:36 PM

your car does sound fruity
What set up is it?

Andy D - 23/10/21 at 07:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ReMan
your car does sound fruity
What set up is it?

The engine is a 2.1 Pinto, Burton stage 2 head, F2 Stock car type cam, on twin Weber 45s. It puts out 170 BHP. I had the bottom end built by Amac engineering in Northallerton back in 2007, and it's been revved to 7000rpm ever since!

I think the fruity sound comes from the mic placement. It's under the bonnet on the exhaust side of the engine bay.

adithorp - 24/10/21 at 07:10 AM

Still looking good.

Memphis - 24/10/21 at 08:30 AM

That looks like a great little track.

Gord - 24/10/21 at 07:13 PM

It was a really good day, I really enjoyed it.
It must have been good for the people watching, 3 kit cars running similar lap times.
I think I had my slicks on in the 1st video (judging by the amount of smoke on the lock up), they just wouldn't heat up and felt awful.
Hopefully we will see you at Teesside again next year Andy!

Andy D - 24/10/21 at 08:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Gord
It was a really good day, I really enjoyed it.
It must have been good for the people watching, 3 kit cars running similar lap times.
I think I had my slicks on in the 1st video (judging by the amount of smoke on the lock up), they just wouldn't heat up and felt awful.
Hopefully we will see you at Teesside again next year Andy!

I did enjoy it, but boy is it getting bumpy.

Take a look at this blast from the past.. that first corner after the pit exit looks positively billiard table like! ;-)

2008, chasing the Hellfire MK. Happy days.

Excuse the music.