Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Caerbonet electronic tach
ian.stewart

posted on 14/10/23 at 09:02 AM Reply With Quote
Caerbonet electronic tach

Just removing my Webers from Vauxhall C20xe, they have a MBE mapped ignition kit fitted, no Issues with them at all, except for the usual smell of fuel, I have acquired a QED/Jenvey direct to head injection system which is my winter project, it has an OLD DTA pro400 ecu already set up for a vauxhall so it would be rude not to use it
How do I wire my Caerbonet tach and can I get new pins and plugs for the tach?

Something different, Very different..............

Sanzomat

posted on 14/10/23 at 03:05 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ian.stewart
Just removing my Webers from Vauxhall C20xe, they have a MBE mapped ignition kit fitted, no Issues with them at all, except for the usual smell of fuel, I have acquired a QED/Jenvey direct to head injection system which is my winter project, it has an OLD DTA pro400 ecu already set up for a vauxhall so it would be rude not to use it
How do I wire my Caerbonet tach and can I get new pins and plugs for the tach?

I have a Smiths (caerbont) electronic tach. It wouldn't work properly off the ECU tach out signal, no clue why, but it works fine with the signal wire fed from one of the coil pack LT wires. Just need to set the appropriate number of cylinders so the pulse count gives the right RPM. From memory the tach has two signal wires, one for ECU signal and one for coil signal so use the right one!
instructions link

ian.stewart

posted on 14/10/23 at 05:18 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for that, I used to have that info on my computer, I dont think there will be an issue with setting up the Tach, as it has already been running on basically the same setup,

Something different, Very different..............

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.