Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: OT domestic central heating
Peteff

posted on 23/8/06 at 07:23 PM Reply With Quote
Worcester Bosch have a factory about a mile from here in Danesmoor, I used to work there when it was under different management years ago spraying panels and components. It's all done by robots now. My brother in law was welding there till he retired this year.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

JoelP

posted on 23/8/06 at 07:27 PM Reply With Quote
i dont know how good a make biasi is, but i got a 28kw one for around 600 from a local trade centre. Seems to work fine, if i could just persuade my mate to come back and finish fitting it! Needs the drain sorting, and the vent cementing up.... and a proper filling loop adding!
Macbeast

posted on 29/11/06 at 06:30 AM Reply With Quote
I need to replace my old 26KW combi boiler. Rads etc are fine.

One firm quotes £3000, Thames Water will do it for £3900.

Are they joking, or what ?

ned

posted on 29/11/06 at 07:26 AM Reply With Quote
Sounds a lot to me. Boiler and required parts is most likely under a grand (especially to them at trade), don't know what labour they're charging but would be interesting to see a breakdown of that and how long they recon the job'll take!

ps friend of a friend had their old warm air heating system replaced with a combi including rads and it was £2.5k about a year-18 months ago if that helps.

[Edited on 29/11/06 by ned]

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ChrisJLW

posted on 29/11/06 at 11:53 AM Reply With Quote
http://www.inspiredheating.co.uk/acatalog/GAS_CONDENSING_COMBI_HEATING_PACKS.html

Something you may be interested in Ned, prices aren't too bad IMO. Not sure what the Glow Worm boilers are like but they do Worcester as well.

Just bought myself a new place in Gosport which needs CH put in (on storage heating at the mo ) so will be watching this thread.

I've lived a life that's full.
I've traveled each and ev'ry highway.
But more, much more than this,
I did it side-ah-ways.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.