posted on 15/11/07 at 12:50 PM Reply With Quote
Aries Motorsport (STM Locoblade)?
BenB

posted on 15/11/07 at 01:26 PM Reply With Quote
Yeh- don't forget the old STM Locoblade
stuart_g

posted on 15/11/07 at 01:46 PM Reply With Quote
I would go for MNR everytime.

This is IMO based on price, pre sales service, quality of product and after sales service/support. Cannot be faulted.

I have said this before to other people who say they are the most expensive, If you compare kit contents to the other manufacturers and then add the quality of workmanship you will find they are not the most expensive.
As said before order books tell the whole story.

mistergrumpy

posted on 15/11/07 at 02:26 PM Reply With Quote
Some interesting points being raised. I like Worxs thoughts on giving some manufacturers a minus, that would be a good overall result in each area. Price was something that I felt relevany as I would rather pay a little more to someone with a better quality of product or certainly to someone who I trusted to deliver the product and not bullshot me when I rang them up (both of which I'm currently suffering!). I don't think its a pointless poll by the way because it didn't include every single manufacturer, it would be massive and there seems to be very few Westy and Caterham owners on here so I just stuck to whats on the discussion boards as a limit, its just the way I wanted it. Oh as a by someone mentioned Luego and Robin Hood. As I know Luego are still going in some kind of guise and Robin Hood are going under the Great British Sportscars name now I believe.

worX

posted on 15/11/07 at 02:53 PM Reply With Quote
Just on my days off at the mo and waiting for a truly none-car type program to come on the goggle-box (The O.C. - yes, I know, I'm gay for watching it, TimC has already told me, but I can't stop!!!) and I thought I would check back to see how this poll was going...

I don't think it is a pointless post/poll but I do believe it has it's limitations. Mostly because of peoples reasons for opting to vote (me included)!
I have recieved some great service/parts by some of the manufacturers and I have recieved bad service/parts from some too. The problem with this poll is the fact that at some point, in some way, somone will have recieved bad and good service/parts from all of the above manufacturers, and catching them on a "good day" might simply be the only thing that disitinguishes one from the other sometimes...

It would have had similar results (probably) if Grumpy would of said "which wouldn't you go for" but that would of neccessitated some sort of reasoning and the poll would of probably been a bit large, although maybe a little more informative!

One of the other poblems is, most people (me included) that have been on this forum for a while and therefore around the kitcar scene for a while, have a pretty good idea of what they'd do differently, however that doesn't mean that these people (once again me included) always know whats best, and like with most things in life, a lot of choice is a bit of a gamble anyway, yet the old adage stands firm with regard to the fact that "you get what you pay for"!

Funnily enough, one manufacturer thats not been mentioned yet is RoadRunner, or whatever Martin Keenan is trading as atm. I feel that the one person that I have always had very good service/advice/parts etc from was Martin, and I think that if I did not want a two seater car that was suitable for the road, then it would be him I would be handing my money over to, IMO...

Steve

[Edited on 15/11/07 by worX]

_Aero_

posted on 15/11/07 at 03:04 PM Reply With Quote
Having seen only MK, MAC1 and MNR I can only comment on these.

MNR wins hands down - with the most developments and investment in the car, they are committed to providing and bettering this genre's product.

Since MK Engineering became MK Sportcars the quality has never been as good.

My 2p

whitestu

posted on 15/11/07 at 04:36 PM Reply With Quote
Voted for MK as it is all I have experience of, and am happy with what I got.

I'd consider MAC1 and MNR if building again though [highly unlikely unless wife leaves me]

Stu

awinter

posted on 15/11/07 at 04:53 PM Reply With Quote
What about performance, surley this must be part of the criteria for buying a kit?

So, Sylva autokits, Raw Engineering, Stingray Motorsport, Fisher sports cars?

Or is it just that you are focusing on the locost derived cars?

If so then, Stuart Taylor Motorsport are missed off as already mentioned.

Allan

TimC

posted on 16/11/07 at 08:31 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by worX
Just on my days off at the mo and waiting for a truly none-car type program to come on the goggle-box (The O.C. - yes, I know, I'm gay for watching it, TimC has already told me, but I can't stop!!!)

I didn't accuse you of being gay - I merely asked you if you were a 15 year old girl?

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.