Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll
Author: Subject: Mysteriously missing signature banner button
dhutch

posted on 7/2/08 at 12:25 PM
Has steve (worx) been banned then? Totally missed that if he has. Shocking.

Daniel

speedyxjs

posted on 7/2/08 at 12:40 PM
Dont laugh but who is the guy in the pic whippy posted?

How long can i resist the temptation to drop a V8 in?

Benzine

posted on 7/2/08 at 12:47 PM
old head master from grange hill iirc
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
DarrenW

posted on 7/2/08 at 12:50 PM
U2U sent. I take it you are too young to have been a fan of Grange Hill?

He wasnt actually the head though - just thought he was. Maybe a deputy head - cant remember now. Too long ago.

[Edited on 7/2/08 by DarrenW]

Hellfire

posted on 7/2/08 at 12:55 PM
The way I see it, there are two simple solutions to this problem

1 - Malc pays for trader status. Even if he can't pay through paypal, I'm sure he can give someone the money to set it up on his behalf.

2 - Remove all links to his business from his user profile and carry on using this forum like the rest of us.

Phil

ChrisW

posted on 7/2/08 at 01:24 PM
The problem has already been solved. Links, phone numbers, etc have been removed from Malc's account. He is more than welcome to continue using the site on a personal basis. However, if he wishes to advertise his business, he will need to pay for trader status.

The people that have been banned are down to them placing banners for Malc in their signatures despite being asked by me not to, which as far as I'm concerned is a 'finger up' to me, the person who funds the site. Would you expect to go to a party, tell the host to "£^% off, and be suprised if you were asked to leave? Didn't think so!

My rule is this: If you are making money, or even trying to make money, on a regular basis out of the use of this site, you pay a contribution towards its running costs. I don't think there is anything unreasonable about that, so if you don't like it, go somewhere else!

Chris

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Ares

posted on 7/2/08 at 01:40 PM
As far as I was aware Chris, Worx was never asked by You to remove the banner. And Welderman was asked by you, but before he'd even logged on again, you had gone into his account and removed it!

Lack of will power has caused more failure than lack of intelligence or ability.

There's hope yet then !

ChrisW

posted on 7/2/08 at 01:49 PM
If you read the post from the start, where I posted the u2u sent word for word, you will see that Welderman was not asked to remove it, he was asked not to put it back (I had already removed it). The first thing he did when he got back was go against this, and then encouraged others (worX) to do the same.

Chris

Ares

posted on 7/2/08 at 01:51 PM
So why was Worx banned then? Just for having a banner???

Lack of will power has caused more failure than lack of intelligence or ability.

There's hope yet then !

A Nonny Mouse

posted on 7/2/08 at 01:56 PM
This site has been crap since calvinX left, now it's got something to laugh and read.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MR WHIPPY IS INNOCENT.

FREE MR WHIPPY!!!

what about the worX and welderman too.

ChrisW

posted on 7/2/08 at 03:02 PM
Ares now also banned, as it would appear it is just worX logging on under a different name.

Cheers, Chris

A Nonny Mouse

posted on 7/2/08 at 03:36 PM
The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.
Mahatma Gandhi
Indian political and spiritual leader (1869 - 1948)

lets hope this gets sorted soon

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=82601

[Edited on 7/2/08 by A Nonny Mouse]

ChrisW

posted on 7/2/08 at 04:04 PM
A Nonny Mouse is also worX posting under an alias, and is now also banned.

Fed up of this... closing thread!

Chris

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.