Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: bedford cf2, what would you do?
Not Anumber

posted on 1/10/13 at 05:01 PM Reply With Quote
What a thoroughly excellent job theyve made of that retropower CF. Seeing that and reading this has made me think of taking on a van project next

timbedford

posted on 1/10/13 at 07:46 PM Reply With Quote
Indeed, its a beauty isn't it. I have inquired with retropower about doing mine, but rightfully that's a lot of money and they won't do things by half measures.

Britishtrident sounds like you had some bad experiences with CFs. Its no aston martin i grant you, but mine will cheerfully hold a straight line of its own accord. I often drop a brick on the pedal and jump in the back to brew up a cuppa and I've hardly ever crashed.

It would be a boring old world if we all liked the same thing though. I'm going to go and find a thread about Vauxhall zafiras now to tell the owners what I think of them.

timbedford

posted on 1/10/13 at 08:01 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Not Anumber
I was thinking more straight swap for the Carlton/ Omega version of that engine for £ 200 to £ 300 from a breaker or Ebay seller. The van versions were always low compression so it will be a cheap and easy win for the next stage and will let you build on what you have.
The door is then open for some porting and polishing of the head, a fast road camshaft and possibly megajolt ignition for the next incremental stage.

This is appealing.

redturner
Senior Builder

Posts 449
Registered 9/11/12

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Run 2 ltr Black Top in single seater race car.

posted on 7/10/13 at 07:41 PM Reply With Quote
Just caught up with this thread. I worked on the CF s when they were new and had to be the worst truck ever. They were fitted with all kind of engines and not one seemed to do the job. Perkins 4.108 great in a boat, not a Bedford. Opelless diesel, even worse, setting the FIP up was a nightmare and needed two men or at least a boy to lay underneath to rotate the crank whilst you set the pump up with the dial gauge. a variety of petrol engine,I think maybe the 2.2 was the best. For modern day running go for something like a 2 litre Black Top Zetec. Had a look in one of my cupboards and I still have the original pump adaptors and dial gauges in a wooden box.....
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.