Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Fave car/garage smell
Mr Whippy

posted on 7/2/08 at 08:22 PM Reply With Quote
urate smell is...? strange the computer locked up for a moment there, wonder what happened?

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
David Jenkins

posted on 7/2/08 at 08:29 PM Reply With Quote
Strangely, the smell I don't like is petrol! Odd dislike for someone who's built a car...

The one I do like is the one you get in old but well-maintained posh cars - P4 Rovers, Mk 2 Jags, etc. A mixture of leather, wood, oil, and so on.

COREdevelopments

posted on 7/2/08 at 10:35 PM Reply With Quote
i like petrol vapour smell, i loved the old 4star leaded!! smelled different to the unleaded now. i really do hate diesel! it lingers and plays hell with my hands, also hate gearoil smell that lasts even longer especially when it get all over your hair and takes weeks for the smell to go!!!

welcome back whippy, enjoy your detention??

Rob

TheGecko

posted on 8/2/08 at 05:28 AM Reply With Quote
There's a clubman in Adelaide called the Red Knob Special which has an old Corolla motor (3K?) fed by twin 2" SUs through a supercharger. The protocol calls for running a pre-mix of castor oil in the fuel to lube the blower and water-methanol mix for post supercharger injection to control detonation. As you might imagine, at full noise it both sounds and smells very, very good A few photos attached.

Dominic

jrevillug

posted on 8/2/08 at 04:00 PM Reply With Quote
Castrol Ahh...

Burnt Leaded petrol (my town has an annual classic car meet - the air used to be thick with 4-star fumes, but not anymore).

Hot oil/engine/brakes after a fast run.

Swarfega

Hate:
Gearbox oil

Undecided (both love and hate):
Brake fluid.

chunkytfg

posted on 8/2/08 at 06:13 PM Reply With Quote
The smell of trackday hot tyres after you've taken then out of the tyre warmers

Then the smell of a red hot bike thats just been thrashed within an inch of it's life round said track top leave the tyres shredded

(and if you look closly you can see the tyre is actually out of shape due to the excsessive tyre wear

RazMan

posted on 8/2/08 at 08:57 PM Reply With Quote
Blimey, someone loves the right handers!

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.