Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: What to do in Worthing?
Jonte

posted on 21/6/09 at 12:31 PM Reply With Quote
What to do in Worthing?

I´m going to Goodwood FoS soon and we (brother and me) are staying in a B&B in Worthing from Thursday to Monday.
So it´s Goodwood in the day, but were do we go in the evenings. Is there any good restaurants, pubs, night clubs or any other places with nice ladys.
No, not that kind of ladys

First I thought about Brighton, but then I read the second post in this thread and I´m not so sure about Brighton longer
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=113414

Click it

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Worzey

posted on 21/6/09 at 01:10 PM Reply With Quote
Brighton is great - don't be put off.

I met my good lady wife on a night out in Brighton

Caterham R400

bob

posted on 21/6/09 at 03:15 PM Reply With Quote
Jasper knows all about the club scene in Brighton probably worth a u2u.

Jonte

posted on 21/6/09 at 03:26 PM Reply With Quote
I´ll check with Jasper then
Forgot to mention that we´re not that young longer. Nice place for ppl 30-35y should do

Click it

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
westf27

posted on 21/6/09 at 03:41 PM Reply With Quote
grab a granny most nights,good fish and chips,The Lanes and it just goes on.....
Have a good time

MikeR

posted on 21/6/09 at 03:58 PM Reply With Quote
having had to work in brighton, after a week or two i moved to worthing. I prefered it for a stroll out, find somewhere to eat, find a pub and back to hotel. Because its smaller i could find places - in brighton on a tuesday night it was just depressing.

(or that could have been my state of mind after silly hours on site banging my head against a wall)

bob

posted on 21/6/09 at 06:23 PM Reply With Quote
Worthing is ok to go out for a beer/eat the seafront bars and worthing town can get very busy, i used to drink in the a place called tarring which is on the way out of worthing towards the A27 which is the raod you need to get to goodwood anyway. Pubs in tarring high street were the george which had excellent food and on the same road a pub called the vine.Tarring high street is like a lane really with just the two pubs in.

dave107

posted on 21/6/09 at 07:32 PM Reply With Quote
Live in Worthing, go to the Warwick in Warwick street town centre, good pub with live bands good music and that's where your age group go.

Jasper

posted on 22/6/09 at 08:07 AM Reply With Quote
If you want clubs then forget Worthing, unless you want to end up in a fight.

Restaurants, the only ones we go to are 'Food' and the 'Fish Factory', both owned by the same family and both excellent.

If you want a proper night out jump on the train to Brighton. There are clubs for every taste and age group, I'm 42 and we still go out clubbing once a month.

U2U me if you want more club info for Brighton, depends what sort of scene you're into - we're into Psytrance and Drum and Bass, but there's Indie clubs, House, live music etc etc.

If you're not living life on the edge you're taking up too much room.

Jonte

posted on 28/6/09 at 07:30 PM Reply With Quote
So it´s either barfights in worthing or gay bars in brighton. Tough choice
just kiddin

For a night out I can take just ordinary pop/house music. But I´m actually a fan of synth. VnV nation, Depeche, Covenant, And one, Client and so on

Click it

eccsmk

posted on 28/6/09 at 08:31 PM Reply With Quote
i went to brighton last weekend for the first time
and as stated above there are many different types of clubs and bars
i really enjoyed it, everyone seems chilled out and even in the really busy places there wasn't any fighting (unlike round here)

definately worth a look.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.