Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: GPS assistance please
Chippy

posted on 13/7/09 at 10:49 PM Reply With Quote
GPS assistance please

Hi, just got a new, (cheapo), GPS from Ebuyer, works fine using Turbo Dog chip, BUT, if I take the Tom Tom chip from my other GPS, (another cheapo from Ebuyer), it will not pick up any satalites. Anybody got a clue why this should be??? Cheers Ray

To make a car go faster, just add lightness. Colin Chapman - OR - fit a bigger engine. Chippy

Ninehigh

posted on 13/7/09 at 11:22 PM Reply With Quote
No knowledge of this whatsoever (my crapnav has a cd) but I imagine this would be like putting a Vodafone sim card in a T-mobile phone...

l0c0st

posted on 14/7/09 at 07:54 AM Reply With Quote
Have you been into the GPS settings?

You need to select "other NMEA receiver" and the BAUD rate that's 38400, then COM1.

something like that anyway

Mr Whippy

posted on 14/7/09 at 08:00 AM Reply With Quote
as above if the gps is not a TomTom then the SD cards programming would be unlikely to be compatible with another company’s software

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
nitram38

posted on 14/7/09 at 08:12 AM Reply With Quote
I have tomtom navigator 6 working on mine. As said it is a matter of playing with the gps settings. Off hand I think mine is set to NMEA reciever, Baud 9600 & Com 7.
Just play around with the settings, mine works brilliantly.
The only reason I bought the Navigo is that tomtom removed the FM voice transmitter from my 940 (£329) because of a new EU law about transmitting without sound. They did this on a Firmware update without any warning.
I have Scala Q2 headsets on my crash helmets for the Motaleira.
The bluetooth on these will not connect to either the Navigo or the tomtom as tomtom really want motorcyclists to spend another £399 on a Rider.
The Q2 headsets work through the Navigo on the available FM.

[Edited on 14/7/2009 by nitram38]

f1ngers

posted on 14/7/09 at 08:59 AM Reply With Quote
GO to This site
Lots of info on getting TT working on the Navigo. Somewhere in the download area of the site you can download a fully working version of TT7 complete with UK map and speed camera database. I have the old Navigo and downloaded TT7 + maps from this site and it works great.

donny

posted on 14/7/09 at 12:25 PM Reply With Quote
What he said! ^^^
I got a V3 Navigo from ebuyer. On The PC Tailor I downloaded the 'muppet proof' version. I have now got the most up to date TomTom and maps. The maps are are linked to a unique device id which is why you can't just swap sd cards over with another machine. It was a piece of wee wee.
Cheers,
Donny.

Chippy

posted on 14/7/09 at 03:18 PM Reply With Quote
Great, thanks guy's now working just fine, the knowledge on this site never fails to amaze me. Cheers Ray

To make a car go faster, just add lightness. Colin Chapman - OR - fit a bigger engine. Chippy

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.