Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: New Cams fitted today.. OMG
Bass1st

posted on 5/9/10 at 10:02 PM Reply With Quote
New Cams fitted today.. OMG

Fitted Toda 272 7.9 cams to my 4age today - the difference is unbelievable!! Sounds great and goes like stink, and that is without a proper tune. I am going to enjoy my track day at Silverstone this Wednesday!!
RazMan

posted on 5/9/10 at 10:32 PM Reply With Quote
It is suprising how a set of good cams can transform a car - be sure to get it remapped before giving it the beans though

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
karlak

posted on 5/9/10 at 10:32 PM Reply With Quote
Yep, that was good fun blasting up the road giggling like a couple of kids - still cant believe it started first time

Gonna' have to do something to my Pinto so I can keep you in sight now I reckon...........

MK Indy - 2litre Duratec - Omex 600 - Jenvey throttle bodies - ETB DigiDash2

austin man

posted on 5/9/10 at 10:47 PM Reply With Quote
deffinitely need to get it mapped to ensure its not running too lean

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

Bass1st

posted on 6/9/10 at 08:10 AM Reply With Quote
Agree on the mapping, however seemed to run very well. Any risk if I don't to a map change to the engine? Don't want to bugger it up now I have it running! I have a track day on Wednesday...
RazMan

posted on 6/9/10 at 08:35 AM Reply With Quote
When I fitted hotter cams to my Duratec the map changed quite a lot although it was pulling very well. When I checked the AFR readings it was running so weak in the upper rev range I was seriously at risk of holing a piston!

Don't forget that the extra power usually requires extra fuel. You might get away with it with gentle road use but on the track you will be pushing things to the limit - best get it mapped and play safe

[Edited on 6-9-10 by RazMan]

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Bass1st

posted on 7/9/10 at 08:51 PM Reply With Quote
Tried a plug cut tonight and the car is definately running lean (plugs very white!) - will take my Megane to the track day and get the carbs sorted for the next one.. shame - was looking forward to a session with my new found bhp.
RazMan

posted on 7/9/10 at 10:23 PM Reply With Quote
My work here is done

Cheers,
Raz

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.