Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: bolt size
mikegsi

posted on 6/1/11 at 09:54 PM Reply With Quote
bolt size

ordered some black bolts for my harness's yesterday on ebay, after going through the bolts that i have i found that m10 was too small and M12 wheel bolts were just too big, so i ordered some M12 fine threads and they are also too big.

i have 2 bolts that fit and they are definately bigger than the m10 bolts i have, but have the same 17mm head, the m12's have a 19mm head.

is there such a size as m11 available for what i need, a quick search has only brought them up as head studs which isnt what im after

blakep82

posted on 6/1/11 at 09:59 PM Reply With Quote
7/16" UNF is the beast you need

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

mikegsi

posted on 6/1/11 at 10:03 PM Reply With Quote
cheers mate, i'll get some of them ordered in
blakep82

posted on 6/1/11 at 10:07 PM Reply With Quote
7/16" unf is like the standard seatbelt bolt size, still used on new cars i think. should be able to pick one up from a scrappy if you want to check first

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

mikegsi

posted on 6/1/11 at 10:12 PM Reply With Quote
pack of 50 on the bay for £7 posted, hardly seems worth the effort of trawling round scrappys, i'll get some bought then end up attempting to sell the rest cheaply
blakep82

posted on 6/1/11 at 10:14 PM Reply With Quote
what grade are they? they should be marked 10.8 (or whatever the imperial equivalent is, i can't remember)

mikegsi

posted on 6/1/11 at 10:18 PM Reply With Quote
didnt say the grade on the listing mate, just that they were high tensile ones....
nick205

posted on 7/1/11 at 09:28 AM Reply With Quote
Check before you buy them as Mr IVA will be sure to check them
wicket

posted on 8/1/11 at 09:16 PM Reply With Quote
I would be wary about 50 bolts for £7 in a safety critical situation. Probably come from China and and not the best quality, I would buy from a more reliable source. Mine came with the seat belts and have 3 equispaced bars on the head (SAE grade 5), see here

http://www.unified-eng.com/scitech/bolt/boltmarks.html

[Edited on 8/1/11 by wicket]

mikegsi

posted on 8/1/11 at 11:58 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nick205
Check before you buy them as Mr IVA will be sure to check them

its an already IVA'd rebuild im doing so no issues there, however from a personal safety point i agree, i'll get some decent graded bolts, last thing i want is for them to snap.........

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.