Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: New GTA Avon Body
snakebelly

posted on 5/5/11 at 06:16 PM Reply With Quote
New GTA Avon Body

New Avon Body

So what do we think, i like it......a lot!

Paul TigerB6

posted on 5/5/11 at 06:27 PM Reply With Quote
Looks like a Fisher Fury to me............. and i've built 3 Tiger's to date so am hardly anti-Tiger.
big_wasa

posted on 5/5/11 at 06:32 PM Reply With Quote
Like it alot but whats the quality like ?

but...

I like the sylvia j15 more.

[Edited on 5/5/11 by big_wasa]

MK9R

posted on 5/5/11 at 06:35 PM Reply With Quote
Its such a rip off of the fury! Come on Tiger, can't you think of something fresh!

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.automatedtechnologygroup.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
blakep82

posted on 5/5/11 at 06:36 PM Reply With Quote
yeah i like it, but not really groundbreaking. as said, looks like a fisher fury to me...

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

eddie99

posted on 5/5/11 at 06:53 PM Reply With Quote
+1 i like it but its only because i like the shape which is fury!

http://www.elitemotorsporteng.co.uk/

Twitter: @Elitemotoreng

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Elite-Motorsport-Engineering/153409081394323

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
scootz

posted on 5/5/11 at 06:54 PM Reply With Quote
Looks pretty to me.

It's Evolution Baby!

adithorp

posted on 5/5/11 at 07:04 PM Reply With Quote
Blatant rip off of the Fury (le mans bonnet especially). The scuttle and cockpit edges are weird though.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

designer

posted on 5/5/11 at 07:06 PM Reply With Quote
Doesn't quite make it for me.

Scuttle is not right, but that might change with a screen.

Not a patch on the J15.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
norfolkluego

posted on 5/5/11 at 07:54 PM Reply With Quote
Love it, then again I love the Fury too
dickie b

posted on 5/5/11 at 08:50 PM Reply With Quote
What a missed opportunity.. there must be a real market for a cheap 'full body' to slot over a 7 chassis, but...

Why did Tiger make it look so near-as-dammit identical to the Fury (Le Mans bonnet) , when with some fresh thought (and some design flair) applied it could of been really original all on its own?

I suppose their 'Aviator' was a (commendably brave) step in a wholly fresh direction, but like the RAW Fulcrum it just doesnt float enough boats, unlike Sylva's Phoenix, Clubman, Fury, Stylus and so on.. all of which evoke memories of early Ginettas, Falcons, etc, but without actually being copies at all (ok the Fury with the classic bonnet is a bit Ginetta G4 ish, while the Le Mans bonnet is arguably close to a Caterham 21.. but IMHO, both are sufficiently different to be a design in their own right).

Tiger could of followed a similar path, by emulating the lines (but not replicating) cars from the past that are pretty but less obvious (Alfa Romeo TZ coupe, merlyns, crossle, elvas, coopers etc...), and blending the influences into coherant design within a one-piece shell to keep costs low.

Yes yes.. it would of taken a bit of skill to do so.. but Tiger does appear to have an appreciation of a good product : albeit with 'borrowed' designs (note the arrival of their Lotus 6 replica in this months CKC).

Just a shame they have 'borrowed' a design from Sylva this time around. They really could of done themselves proud with their own original design.

MK9R

posted on 5/5/11 at 09:34 PM Reply With Quote
I wouldn't be surprised if a fury body fits just inside that, if you know what i mean :p

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.automatedtechnologygroup.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

snakebelly

posted on 24/6/11 at 08:21 PM Reply With Quote
Well we went for it and picked up the first GTA body out of the mould except for the demonstrator last saturday.

I have to say that in the past Tiger have been let down by the quality of their glasswork but it would appear that maybe things are changing.

Bodywork was of excellent quality, uniform thickness and dropped straight onto the chassis locating itself more or less. We will be getting it into the workshop this weekend so will post some pics

fastfu

posted on 30/6/11 at 06:16 PM Reply With Quote
I think it looks really nice but its not for me as i be scared about damaged it on a track
designer

posted on 30/6/11 at 06:23 PM Reply With Quote
Not a patch on the fury.

Scuttle wrong (may change with a screen), front wings too bulbous.

But then? Who am I? Somebody will like it.

Kwik

posted on 30/6/11 at 06:30 PM Reply With Quote
a fury crashed into the back of a datsun Z car? hate those headlights...

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.