Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: locost race exhaust
locost47

posted on 4/11/11 at 09:17 PM Reply With Quote
locost race exhaust

HI people done first season in locost bought mainly from ebay ,now upgrading various parts ,99% of cars on grid use the same type of headers where is best place to purchase same & possibly repackable end can thanks in advance cheers tim
ShaunB

posted on 7/11/11 at 10:27 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Tim - I know a few cars are using the Tony Law manifold. The one on my car is stainless and I presume came from Stuart Taylor originally. Of course you could speak to Matt at Procomp to see what he uses on his cars.

Cheers,
Shaun.

locost47

posted on 8/11/11 at 07:40 AM Reply With Quote
thanks good idea will do
procomp

posted on 10/11/11 at 07:03 PM Reply With Quote
Hi

Just been pointed to this thread.

If you are just after an average manifold that will work not tooo bad then the Aires / ST one will do. It is exactly the same as the Tony Law item and no difference in performance between them, only difference is the TL one is mild steel and the Aries / ST is stainless.

However if you are after the last 2-5Hp then you need to have one made to suit the engine configuration IE have you had the engine built for mid range or for top end. There are two or three who are making them who do understand what works and what doesn't with results to show.
Then there is off course the BS brigade who make something different for the sake off it just to take your cash.

Cheers Matt

PS After all that i forgot to mention that yes we do make them to order as specials.

[Edited on 10/11/11 by procomp]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
locost47

posted on 10/11/11 at 07:34 PM Reply With Quote
locost race exhaust

thanks guys ,car going to dyno soon using mates headers to check on power output & range as soon as done will be in touch for new set up ,i assume you can do end can to match power output cheers tim
bazhaz62

posted on 10/11/11 at 09:15 PM Reply With Quote
OI I forgot you had my exhausrt, give it back this instant
locost47

posted on 10/11/11 at 10:16 PM Reply With Quote
locost race exhaust

check out ebay lol

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.