Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Appointment Set
PeterV

posted on 25/11/11 at 07:49 PM Reply With Quote
Appointment Set

Gulp!

It's that time. Not a bad response though. Sent everything off to VOSA on the 11/11/2011 and got a test date of the today (25/11/2011) for 15/12/2011 at Norwich. Happy with that

Now it's time to do all the final bits and bobs that I've been saying "Oh that can wait until near the time"
Brain is now shouting "The time is NIGH"

Been for a pre MOT and the headlights got tweaked at the MOT station & minor brake issue to sort. That's done now & the beast will have retest on Monday.

And then it's the big nervy wait........................

gavin174

posted on 25/11/11 at 07:58 PM Reply With Quote
hi Peter

I take you are not having an Mot done..

Have you given the mot station the chassis number or is it just a "friendly" pre mot test.

I have heard it can cause problems if the car is on the mot database before its registered.

cheers Gavin

http://www.essexkitcarclub.com

PeterV

posted on 25/11/11 at 08:12 PM Reply With Quote
Just a Pre MOT with a free retest coz they are just nice guys who love love love love love the car
austin man

posted on 25/11/11 at 10:10 PM Reply With Quote
dont have it recorded as a test, this may affect when the car has to be tested after registration ie within a year not the 3 years a newly registered gets

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

PeterV

posted on 25/11/11 at 10:15 PM Reply With Quote
Yep. Just a pre MOT check and that's all. Just to squeeze out some of the problems that are outside what I can do without the right kit. Also to make sure nothng stupid slips though.
wilkingj

posted on 25/11/11 at 11:57 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by austin man
dont have it recorded as a test, this may affect when the car has to be tested after registration ie within a year not the 3 years a newly registered gets

Totally AGREE.

Still, I feel the MoT is there for a reason, and its good that my car gets a thorough check at its MoT, even though it didnt need it for 3 years.
(well... it does now as its 5 years old!)

Again, friendly garage, and they love the car. It usually brings the workshop to a standstill, especially when revving for the smoke test

These can cars BITE, and bite HARD when they do. You can never be too safe.

1. The point of a journey is not to arrive.
2. Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Best Regards
Geoff
http://www.v8viento.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
PeterV

posted on 26/11/11 at 08:48 AM Reply With Quote
All very odd this MOT stuff. I had seen stuff about it before so thats why I opted for the pre inspection rather than an MOT. Does anyone know what the real deal is with this issue or is it one of those "Depends what official you deal with" problems.
PeterV

posted on 30/11/11 at 08:19 PM Reply With Quote
Grass tracking around the house today with a couple of spotters. After the pre MOT good news thought I'd give it some shock and ore testing. And no matter how we drove it and how rough / smooth the ground (or how wet the grass) the fronts locked before the rears every single time.
We managed to identify and fix a couple of rattles and bangs. Only one odd bang from around the rear wing, when driving over rabbit holes, remains unsorted.
Should we really worry about that?

Body work held up without and cracks or spidering forming, very happy about that

So only two jobs remain.

1. Big mud washers to load spread under the car at the seat mounting points.
2. Weld up the brake rods to make the permanent (and then pray all the tesing matches the IVA testing)

OMG the day is getting close!!

The only other thing is the body design. The front wheels throw everything into the side wheel vents, mud, leaves, stones and even the remains of fox kill (pigeon to be precise). Also the rear light clusters take a bit of a pounding from the same sort of rubbish. The alloy mesh that protects the rear wiring, tank and fuel pump woks well in this area and the front light boxes work well. The engine bay stayed clean along with the electrics. Could be some long term protection work to do with the side pods and vents then.

PeterV

posted on 9/12/11 at 07:28 PM Reply With Quote
Sod and his damn law.

There I am, with just a few days to go, fluffing and polishing (just coz it helps me see all the little details and coz it passes the nervy time quicker) and what should happen. The rear fog light decides to make a break for freedom. I mean all that testing and bouncing and crashing around no prob. One touch of a polising cloth and all hell breaks lose.

Looks like the LED lamp mount has cracked so a desprate last min swop is now in hand.

Good Greif

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.