Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: This may be out of line?
Murphy

posted on 18/1/12 at 12:13 AM Reply With Quote
This may be out of line?

O.K so I used to be on a biker forum and I used to be into bikes.

Big style!

The thing I see missing is some of the real hum dinger kidding on with some of the Postings And ride out type things but maybe that's because this game is a lot more serious ( as im finding out!)

Long story but I gave up bikes last year and figured a kit car, plenty of tinkering and stuff would be a good distraction.

Found one that with my limited knowledge That would do the trick.

Not much info on all the donor parts means loads of finding out and a pretty basic build has seen me seek out lots of help on here.

It has an older R1 engine so I think that will help the transition somewhat on the withdrawal syndrome.

The assistance has been 1st class so thanks. Is there anyone in Scotland that I can hook up with for trips etc..

I did have someone put a flyer in the car that listed all the meets for last year, hill climbs and rallies and that looked pretty good.

Cheers John

James

posted on 18/1/12 at 01:57 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Murphy

The thing I see missing is some of the real hum dinger kidding on with some of the Postings And ride out type things but maybe that's because this game is a lot more serious ( as im finding out!)

Is it me or does anyone else not understand this sentence?

Maybe it's a Scottish thing!

Cheers,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

computid

posted on 18/1/12 at 03:01 AM Reply With Quote
No I get what hes on about. Its probably a bike forum thing.

And yes, this is what I would call a more upmarket forum, I quite enjoy the diversity between this and BCF.

Badger_McLetcher

posted on 18/1/12 at 03:28 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
O.K so I used to be on a biker forum and I used to be into bikes.

Big style!

I say, calm down old chap! We're a calm and perfectly quiet and normal bunch around here. Now I'm afraid I must be orff, my walruss appears to be on fire.

If disfunction is a function, then I must be some kind of genius.

Ben_Copeland

posted on 18/1/12 at 05:19 AM Reply With Quote
Check to map (google map in my signature) there's 2 pages of map so should find plenty of people around.

Ben

Locost Map on Google Maps

Z20LET Astra Turbo, into a Haynes Roadster

Enter Your Details Here
http://www.facebook.com/EquinoxProducts for all your bodywork needs!

Macbeast

posted on 18/1/12 at 07:22 AM Reply With Quote
Kidding on = joking or winding up.

There seem to be quite a few on here from near Aberdeen and the East coast

I'm addicted to brake fluid, but I can stop anytime.

scootz

posted on 18/1/12 at 09:26 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by James
quote:

Is it me or does anyone else not understand this sentence?

Maybe it's a Scottish thing!

Cheers,
James

"hum dinger kidding on"... major wind-ups!

It's Evolution Baby!

Phil.J

posted on 18/1/12 at 09:50 AM Reply With Quote
I find it really irritating when forum discussions degenerate into in-jokes and general nonsence. Probably an age thing but I like people to stay on topic.
Locostbuilders is pretty good in this respect (one of the Landrover forums I'm on is terrible with lots of topics becoming gibberish within a few posts).

roadrunner

posted on 18/1/12 at 10:13 AM Reply With Quote
It doesn't hurt to show some sense of humour.
steve m

posted on 18/1/12 at 11:26 AM Reply With Quote
It also doesnt help when we the readers of said post do not understand the OP comments

Im with James on this one, "I do not understand any of it"

Steve

Ninehigh

posted on 18/1/12 at 03:53 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Phil.J
I find it really irritating when forum discussions degenerate into in-jokes and general nonsence. Probably an age thing but I like people to stay on topic.
Locostbuilders is pretty good in this respect (one of the Landrover forums I'm on is terrible with lots of topics becoming gibberish within a few posts).

True, and for this reason if I have something funny/sarky/off-topic to say I always try to bring it back to the point in hand... Even if I know nothing of the subject!

mad-butcher

posted on 18/1/12 at 05:20 PM Reply With Quote
diving forum I'm on, friday is wind up day,
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Neville Jones

posted on 18/1/12 at 05:24 PM Reply With Quote
If you want to start a wind up session, then call MK's glorified shopping trolleys and everyone who owns one is a poof.

Then there's the BEC crowd. Very thin skinned and sensitive about their hairdryers.

Cheers,
Nev.

MikeFellows

posted on 18/1/12 at 05:38 PM Reply With Quote
I get his point though, some people on here take everything far too serious, ive previously made what I thought where obvious jokes and that turned into some right stroppy folk (to the point they then wont even reply to your threads - pointing this out in other threads). This would have been perfectly normal on previous forums

however I do think this could be an age thing, no disrespect to anyone but the demographic on here is a lot older than previous forums I have been a member of.

Peteff

posted on 18/1/12 at 06:27 PM Reply With Quote
If the demographic on here is older why don't we get a new one ? (what's a demographic ?) I didn't understand the sentence at first but I am in pain and on medication as I have shingles . Then I read it again and realised we are not taking the p!ss enough. Good choice of car Murphy, is that your real name it doesn't sound very Scottish ? It's only as serious as you want it to be, I'm sure it will pick up when the weather gets nice.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

MikeFellows

posted on 18/1/12 at 09:10 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Peteff
If the demographic on here is older why don't we get a new one ? (what's a demographic ?) I didn't understand the sentence at first but I am in pain and on medication as I have shingles . Then I read it again and realised we are not taking the p!ss enough. Good choice of car Murphy, is that your real name it doesn't sound very Scottish ? It's only as serious as you want it to be, I'm sure it will pick up when the weather gets nice.

Brilliant

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.