Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: GRP seat buck / project
Mistron

posted on 21/1/12 at 08:01 PM Reply With Quote
GRP seat buck / project

a while back I built a buck from which I planned to make a mould to produce a period style bucket seat in GRP.
This was intended for use in my Mk1 mini, but could be used in many other Period Saloon cars, or could vert easily be chopped and narrowed to fit a locost / 7 type car, though it doesn't suit my current project.

With the mini gone, I keep tripping over it, so if anyone is interested, I'm looking to sell it on and clear some space.

it'll just need a quick clean up and a coat of 2 pack top coat to get it ready to take lift off it. I planned to take a moulding off the buck, then take the mould off that, so the finished surface is on the outside, but you could also do it with the finished side on the top / inside as well.

It has the dams in place and is designed as a simple one piece mould. You could make your fortune selling shells for people to trim themselves! (I was going to use needlecord, held in place with tight'n'fast edging, but leather, cloth, vinyl could all be used)

postage might be costly, as I'm near Edinburgh.

there are a good few hours in it, but I'll take £120 for it, or would consider a trade for bits I can use on my current clubmans car project- 998 / small bore inline A-series engine bits

photos, incl dimensions, at:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/44645707@N00/sets/72157622460307228/with/3319133327/

Forum link to build thread (surprised how long ago it was!)
http://www.atfreeforum.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=1882&highlight=grp+seat+project&mforum=mk1mark

U2U me for more info, or email me directly at: alastair brown uk (at) yahoo. co. uk (remove spaces)

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.