Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Good day out at Bailey Performance
rb968

posted on 23/4/13 at 02:11 PM Reply With Quote
Good day out at Bailey Performance

So after a recent post about a successful trip to see Dale at Bailey Performance in Telford I thought it was about time I pulled my finger out and booked my MK Indy in to be mapped.

I have installed a Mazda/Ford KLDE V6 with Clairetoo's throttle body setup.

After a 3 1/2 hour trek from Cumbria we arrived and unloaded the car. Within 20 mins Dale was making a new VR sensor bracket as mine was not strong enough! that kind of set the tone for the next couple of hours......

Not sure how many times I apologised to Dale for stupid mistakes and oversights but he was great and incredibly patient. I am sure he would rather the car turned up perfect ready to map but luckily he is handy with welder and electrics and so as every problem came up he was able to find a quick solution.

Once he had sorted the code on my Microsquirt which turned out to be rubbish he was able to start mapping.

The idle with the throttle bodies was I quote "sh1te" as one of the bodies appears to have a small fault or leak but once on the move all was well.

Sadly every piece of photography equipment I own had a completely knackered battery and even my iPhone battery died so no videos which I am gutted about. Needless to say it sounded awesome

Power was 203 bhp and 171 ft lbs torque. Dale seemed impressed with the engine performance and commented it was still gaining power at the limiter so could go higher ! Check out the torque curve as well.

All in all I can highly recommend Dale, a bargain for the effort he put in with my car just to get us to a stage he could map it and he did a great job in the limited time he had left at the end of the day. Can't wait to drive it ! Should be a monster.

Rich

clairetoo

posted on 23/4/13 at 03:29 PM Reply With Quote
Nice !
These engines are safe up to over 9000 , so turn your limit up to 8000 - peak power should be around 7300 or so - not a huge amount will be gained , but those extra revs sure do add to the fun - and sound !

Oh - and that is one sweet torque `curve'

[Edited on 23/4/13 by clairetoo]

[Edited on 23/4/13 by clairetoo]

Its cuz I is blond , innit

Claire xx

Will weld for food......

rb968

posted on 23/4/13 at 05:10 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks Claire. I would have had an unofficial test drive but sadly the VR sensor packed up right at the end of the day.Got a new one on order at my local Ford dealer for tomorrow. Hopefully.......parts bloke wasn't very convincing he knew what he was doing !

Rich

DIY Si

posted on 25/4/13 at 07:54 AM Reply With Quote
As Claire said, limiter at 8k and you'll be fine. Be careful over that though as the oil pump can be marginal above 8k, although the later the engine the better it will handle it. The later blocks had the oil squirters removed to help keep the main bearings in one piece.

“Let your plans be dark and as impenetratable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
Sun Tzu, The Art of War

My new blog: http://spritecave.blogspot.co.uk/

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.