Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: brake light Switch.
mk85

posted on 5/4/15 at 07:57 PM Reply With Quote
brake light Switch.

I am just coming to wiring up my lights and wondering what. brake light switches people are using on there pedal boxes
bob

posted on 5/4/15 at 08:17 PM Reply With Quote
I used a pressure switch inline, mine is on the rear circuit pipework but i have seen some very close to the M/C

bi22le

posted on 5/4/15 at 09:06 PM Reply With Quote
Pressure switch here as well. Check my posts from a couple of years back. I mention the part number for it.

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

mark chandler

posted on 5/4/15 at 09:19 PM Reply With Quote
I started with one that worked off the pedal, have now moved onto a pressure switch.

Once you have panelled in the pedals it's nigh on impossible to do anything fiddly under there, you just buy a tee and let it in somewhere easy to work on.

jossey

posted on 6/4/15 at 07:17 AM Reply With Quote
Pressure switch on the front brakes.

Thanks

David Johnson

Building my tiger avon slowly but surely.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mcerd1

posted on 6/4/15 at 10:46 AM Reply With Quote
The pressure switches are easy to fit but can cause you a couple of headaches later...
Sometimes a little air can get stuck in the switch which makes bleeding the brakes a total PITA
and if the switch ever fails it means you've got to bleed the brakes all over again

mechanical switches avoid the need for bleeding should it ever fail also you normally get one free with your donor car
The 70's, 80's and early 90's fords all use similar ones which have plenty adjustment.
(the later one have no adjustment which makes it harder to make up brackets for them)

BL cars and others of similar ages used a Lucas one that's very similar and was to get. Search for 'brake light switch' on ebay and you'll find hundreds to choose from...[/[

[Edited on 6/4/2015 by mcerd1]

-

Smoking Frog

posted on 6/4/15 at 11:42 AM Reply With Quote
Pressure switch mounted upside down.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.