Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Zetec steel rods/ forged pistons
Shooter63

posted on 16/8/15 at 09:25 AM Reply With Quote
Zetec steel rods/ forged pistons

I'm looking for a set of above, I thought I would ask on here before going retail, I don't mind if they are black top or silvertop , or if you only have rods or pistons, must be NOS, the pistons must be o/s.

Cheers

Shooter

coozer

posted on 16/8/15 at 09:38 AM Reply With Quote
I'm at the same stage... They are expensive and I've thought about buying them from the US but the risk is much higher..

With the cost its the vat that I detest and I am wondering if whatever engine builder I use would be able to source them and negate the vat?

Do you know what size you need?

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

Shooter63

posted on 16/8/15 at 10:16 AM Reply With Quote
The chances of a company negating the VAT is low as they will only be retailers, the rods that everybody use come from china ( unless you go for arrow or farndon ) what ever name is on them. The US company that advertises the combo wants around 80 bucks for postage etc which is fair enough but as you say, when you put VAT plus import duty plus the " let's think of an amount " p/o handling fee, the difference isn't great. If you were lucky enough to get the package through without the fore said then happy days ( I'm not that lucky).
The std rods are quite good if you fit the arp bolts, but I would feel better if I had the safety of the steel rods ( especially if I get a bit over excited when hooning around)
As to the piston size, it will be 1st o/s, the make will be either wossner or jr or if anybody has some on here, what ever they have, no one makes sh*t forged pistons ( what's the point?)

Shooter

Ps
If you go for the yank jobs, get the set not just part, as the rods have a odd c/c length

coozer

posted on 16/8/15 at 10:58 AM Reply With Quote
Yep, looked at all that. My plan is an rs type 350 turbo motor.

Best option is a package from steel conrods as I'm aware of the pin height difference. Wossner pistons with pec or eagle rods..

Got any cheaper options than this?

http://www.steelconrods.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=22_34_126&products_id=1325

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

Shooter63

posted on 16/8/15 at 11:53 AM Reply With Quote
The yank rps ones would work out at £612.00 + 2.5% duty £15.00 + VAT £125.00 + handling fee £8.00= £760.00 or something like that, you may have to pay state tax as well 4%.

There is a company on fleebay selling rods for around £220.00
I thought you turbo guys used vauxhall pistons?

Shooter

dilley

posted on 16/8/15 at 05:52 PM Reply With Quote
S2000 conversion?
f.p.e

posted on 24/8/15 at 06:22 PM Reply With Quote
i can supply Williams steel rods for £270posted inc arp2000 bolts. ive used in many Vauxhall builds at 600+bhp and 9k rpm, impreza, crossflow, vag and even bda builds.

or I can supply p.e.c rod and piston kits for £800 posted, so save over 20% on retail. I am on facebook if anyone wants too add me....just sorting fb page and website shop currently.

paypal only as protects both parties also.

thanks phil

can also supply catcams, piper, newman, kent, helix, at power products too at discount to retail.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.