Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Glass polish
richard thomas

posted on 22/8/15 at 12:50 AM Reply With Quote
Glass polish

Anyone got any demon tips for polishing marks out of windscreen glass? I've got what look like abrasions on my screen from the wiper in about 5 places, each about 3 inches long in a wiper sweep arc.....don't fancy a new windscreen......
02GF74

posted on 22/8/15 at 06:32 AM Reply With Quote
Had this happen many many years ago with my first car when a wiper blade came off causing the arm to scratch the screen.

I got some jewellers rouge (very fine abrasive) and manually rubbed the area. I applied it to a small wooden block and pressed on it to speed things up, now would use a pad in a dremel.

It got rid of the scatch but left a band of slightly different colour/transparency as i guess the surface of the glass ages/gets dirty.

Nb toothpastes not the gel type are a mild abrasive, could try that if you cannot get j r.... and can be used on CDs to remove minor scratches.

richard thomas

posted on 22/8/15 at 09:21 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 02GF74
Had this happen many many years ago with my first car when a wiper blade came off causing the arm to scratch the screen.

I got some jewellers rouge (very fine abrasive) and manually rubbed the area. I applied it to a small wooden block and pressed on it to speed things up, now would use a pad in a dremel.

It got rid of the scatch but left a band of slightly different colour/transparency as i guess the surface of the glass ages/gets dirty.

Nb toothpastes not the gel type are a mild abrasive, could try that if you cannot get j r.... and can be used on CDs to remove minor scratches.

I'll try that, thanks

furryeggs

posted on 22/8/15 at 09:38 AM Reply With Quote
Buy a new screen if you want it perfect. from experience of many fish tank scratches you'll never get it perfect and will always be left with some level of marking. unless you pay for it to be done professionally it's very hard to do a good job. Even the pros can't guarantee to get them out.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.