Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Midtec Spyder - cooling pipes
Wibbler

posted on 29/11/20 at 08:09 PM Reply With Quote
Midtec Spyder - cooling pipes

Hi all, one for the Midtec crowd here...if there are enough of us to be a crowd. I''m trying to figure out how to route the cooling pipes past the front suspension. Can't find a perfect route. Under the car seems too risky; through the suspension looks like there's not enough space and over the top just feels wrong and will be a high spot. What has anyone else done? Pictures much appreciated. Cheers and keep well.
MR2

posted on 30/11/20 at 09:12 AM Reply With Quote
Hi there,

Building on new chassis?

I have 3 midtecs and they are al different on cooling plumbing.
On my T70 converted Midtec I routed one on top of the footwel section of chassis (thermostat is always highest point) and one between the shock and lower wishbone. This is with strait pieces of 38mm alu tube (Thicker for v8 engine) and a few 45 degr silicon hoses. Connected to custom alu rad with in/outlet on same side. Downside it holds 12 liter fluid with 2.0 renault engine, but never overheats.

On the other Midtecs ( pinto and dohc ford engine) the pipes are both between wishbones on rh side, kopper 35mm.

Gr Marc

Wibbler

posted on 20/4/21 at 07:15 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the info. Exactly what i was after. Sorry for taking so long to reply, i completely missed the reply. So thanks again.

quote:
Originally posted by MR2
Hi there,

Building on new chassis?

I have 3 midtecs and they are al different on cooling plumbing.
On my T70 converted Midtec I routed one on top of the footwel section of chassis (thermostat is always highest point) and one between the shock and lower wishbone. This is with strait pieces of 38mm alu tube (Thicker for v8 engine) and a few 45 degr silicon hoses. Connected to custom alu rad with in/outlet on same side. Downside it holds 12 liter fluid with 2.0 renault engine, but never overheats.

On the other Midtecs ( pinto and dohc ford engine) the pipes are both between wishbones on rh side, kopper 35mm.

Gr Marc

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.