Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: VAG Diesel emissions claim advice
bi22le

posted on 9/5/21 at 09:54 PM Reply With Quote
VAG Diesel emissions claim advice

I have a 2011 A4 2.0TDI. I bought it about 5 years ago and it's the frugal under powered one so probably worst hit by the scandal.

I'm probably going to claim compensation, I did genuinely buy the car of that spec because of my long commute.

There seems to be a lot of companies offering to manage my claim but I don't know which one to go for. Trying to get their rate of fees seems difficult and I bet there is small print leveraging up the" cheaper" ones anyway.

Any advice on who to go with? Any advice on this at all actually?

[Edited on 9/5/21 by bi22le]

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

SteveWalker

posted on 9/5/21 at 10:31 PM Reply With Quote
I've been quite interested in this. I'm not affected and have no claim, but I have wondered what people are claiming for.

I can see a number of possibilities:

1) Loss due to lower resale value.
2) Loss due to higher fuel costs as recall and software update reduced MPG.
3) Lower performance than expected as recall and software update reduced it.

Are there any others? Government has not (as far as I know) insisted on the emissions being amended and higher VED or registration fees being paid or problems with ULEZ zones, etc.. Not changed tax for company cars.

I can see an effect for someone like yourself that bought and might want to sell at some time, but even people who have leased have been advised to claim - and, unless updates have reduced the mpg or performance significantly, they are not really affected by any of the three.

steve m

posted on 10/5/21 at 07:21 AM Reply With Quote
A Friend of ours tried to claim for his 2013 Golf, and was refused, because he was the second owner of the car, So his Father claimed
for the golf, because he was the first owner, and refused, because he had sold the car on

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

Slimy38

posted on 10/5/21 at 07:24 AM Reply With Quote
Can you do anything directly, IE not through one of the claim management companies? I think you'll have to deal with at least the original creators of the case, but I have the personal view that 'claim management companies' are the scum of the earth and I'd do anything to avoid giving them a share. I group them with ambulance chasers and personal injury companies.

I got financially hit by the Mercedes one. I got the car as a company car based on the emissions and MPG. On their numbers I worked out I would break even, but in the end it didn't come even close and I was paying a fortune for a car that I didn't use that much.

I do own a 2015 Skoda Superb with the same 2.0TDI engine, but I won't be claiming on that as it's a private car and I was much better informed with regards to the running costs. The software update was done before I got the car so it's not as if I'm missing anything.

steve m

posted on 10/5/21 at 07:24 AM Reply With Quote
I've been quite interested in this. I'm not affected and have no claim, but I have wondered what people are claiming for.

I can see a number of possibilities:

1) Loss due to lower resale value.
2) Loss due to higher fuel costs as recall and software update reduced MPG.
3) Lower performance than expected as recall and software update reduced it.

My take on the above, is none of these, they claim, because they can, its no different to the PPI claims

i honestly claimed on all my PPI, yet have no clues as to why, but got back 8.5k

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

AlexXtreme

posted on 10/5/21 at 09:08 AM Reply With Quote
I'm signed up for this action though I notice that it is now closed to new people joining.

https://www.slatergordon.co.uk/group-litigation/live-group-actions/vw-nox-emissions-group/

I have owned my VW which is affected around 7 years and did not get the software updated as I read about it, showed it lost torque low down and as a consequence reduce the Mpg.

at the time my thought that the re-sale value was reduced at the time and it probably was, though now with all diesel cars being so badly knocked down in value, it does not make that difference.

nick205

posted on 10/5/21 at 03:24 PM Reply With Quote
I owned a VW which would have been afftected, but chose not to get anything done to it or make a claim. SWMBO owned an affected VW as well and we likewise chose to leave it alone.

Mine was sold on (privately by me) in 2015 and the buyer never raised the subject.

SWMBO's was sold on (privately by me) a couple of weeks ago and again the buyer never raised the subject.

As the seller, I certainly didn't raise the subject with either buyer. If they'd raised a question I'd have simply been open and said no action taken and cars unchanged from how they left the factory.

As I'd expect them to be both buyers were more interested in service history and maintenance.

bi22le

posted on 10/5/21 at 05:53 PM Reply With Quote
It's hard to understand how out of pocket I am as I don't really know the other side of the coin. I did get my car remapped but quite late on and by then most were saying that there is no difference. I have not noticed a difference.

Unsure if you can go direct. It doesn't seem so at the moment, it's being reported differently to PPI where there was a consistent "go direct" message with hotlines etc.

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [ 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.