Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Android Dash Apps
Sanzomat

posted on 7/8/21 at 07:01 PM Reply With Quote
Android Dash Apps

Does anyone use android apps like Shadow Dash or MSDroid? If so how do you find them? Any tips or tricks?

My rev counter seems to have packed up. I can see the engine revs when the laptop is connected to the ECU (Speeduino/Tunerstudio). I was thinking that a cheap way of having a working rev counter on the dash would be to take an old android phone out of the drawer of "upgraded from" phones, load a gauge app onto it, connect it to the ECU (the Speeduino has bluetooth that connects great to the laptop for tunerstudio) and attach the phone to the dash as a "locost" rev counter. I can keep the phone powered up from a usb socket.

From what I read I could then also store data logs of all ECU data from every trip.

obfripper

posted on 7/8/21 at 08:19 PM Reply With Quote
I have used MSDroid for a while, i changed to an MS2 over the winter and changed to using ITB mode at the same time, so used it to log everything, and flash new firmware when i had processed everything with Megalogviewer HD.

The only odd behaviour noticed was when i flashed firmware across and it failed without notification, cycling the ignition made it ask which one i wanted to keep and i made the mistake of keeping the failed firmware which overwrote what was on my phone. My fix was to place the msq file into a different folder (not the project folder), and then manually select it to update, which leaves the original from being overwritten in the above situation.

The dashboard function works well, i was using it to maximise the data collected in the overlap between the sd and alpha n areas of the map as well as looking at the afr's while cruising and driving round town to improve the fuel economy, as the itb mode maps don't correlate with my old target afr maps and i didn't know where different driving demands were wrt to the maps.

From what i can see it should work with the speeduino ecu fine, but i don't know if it supports flashing maps or firmware.

Dave

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.