Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Need to collect bodywork… Will it fit!?
Big T

posted on 12/3/22 at 05:15 PM Reply With Quote
Need to collect bodywork… Will it fit!?

This is a strange one but I am after some input from those of you who have a bit more experience. Despite building a roadster I don’t think I have ever seen a “seven style” car, let alone got hands on with the proportions of one.

I have managed to buy a set of equinox bodywork for my Roadster, everything apart from the side panels, so we’re looking at the nose cone, scuttle, bonnet, arches and rear tub.

Ironically I am about 20 minutes from equinox in Faversham and the parts I have bought are over in Wales!

How big is the rear tub? This is the part I am most concerned about to be honest. I am hoping that I can pick them up in my Countryman and avoid hiring out a van because I’m sure 500 miles in a day will incur an additional charge of some sort. I understand there are dimensions in the book but it’s quite hard to get a grasp of it it will all fit.

So there we go, will a equinox roadster body (excluding the side panels) fit in the back of a Mini Countryman, Place your bets!!

gremlin1234

posted on 12/3/22 at 05:47 PM Reply With Quote
I think if I were trying that, I would take a roof rack.
PorkChop

posted on 12/3/22 at 06:15 PM Reply With Quote
I reckon it'll be OK - I fitted all of that except bonnet in a smaller car with no problem (back seats down of course).

[Edited on 12/3/22 by PorkChop]

Big T

posted on 12/3/22 at 09:16 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks very much for the replies, hugely appreciated.

The roof rack will be coming along with a collection of timbers, straps, self tappers and some zip ties just in case it doesn’t all fit. Hopefully I will follow suit with pork chop and get it all in the car!

voucht
Contributor

Posts 229
Registered 22/5/11
Location 1

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Haynes roadster on the road since november 2014 bu

posted on 13/3/22 at 08:20 AM Reply With Quote
Hi,

You can find all measurements of every element of the Equinox Body Kit for Haynes Roadster on my Google Drive at this link:

https://drive.google.com /drive/folders/0B-iOekLVikV5Q3JNUnQ3NnlmYUk?resourcekey=0-wDyf7Dtl_4nu4tSm3Rns_A&usp=sharing

Hope that will help

Big T

posted on 13/3/22 at 11:25 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by voucht
Hi,

You can find all measurements of every element of the Equinox Body Kit for Haynes Roadster on my Google Drive at this link:

https://drive.google.com /drive/folders/0B-iOekLVikV5Q3JNUnQ3NnlmYUk?resourcekey=0-wDyf7Dtl_4nu4tSm3Rns_A&usp=sharing

Hope that will help

My goodness! That is incredibly helpful and must’ve taken a while to compile.

Thank you so much! I will get the tape out and have a measure up.

Thank you!!

jps

posted on 17/3/22 at 08:03 AM Reply With Quote
I hired a long wheelbase transit to pick up my body panels from Equinox. It was overkill, but the untrimmed side panels were very long.

Edit, just re-read and see you've not got the side panels... I would have thought you'll be able to make it fit one way or another. Personally I would not want to strap anything down on a roof rack...

[Edited on 17/3/22 by jps]

[Edited on 17/3/22 by jps]

Big T

posted on 16/4/22 at 05:41 PM Reply With Quote

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.