Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Flat Shifter - Finding Neutral
woodsy144

posted on 17/7/24 at 07:06 AM Reply With Quote
Flat Shifter - Finding Neutral

Hello
I have got myself a flatshifter but haven't installed it.
I have concerns about finding neutral, and due to the lack of 'feel' you could say, finding neutral might be a bit tricky,

Really like to hear from others about their experiences.

Thanks.

adithorp

posted on 18/7/24 at 09:06 PM Reply With Quote
I did meet someone with a flat shifter and no manual lever and he spent ages trying to find neutral with it.
Other cars I've seen have retained a lever and find neutral with that.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

gingerprince

posted on 19/7/24 at 08:36 AM Reply With Quote
I retained the manual stick when I fitted mine so use that most of the time to find neutral, but it's not too difficult to give a gentle "clicklet" to get into neutral.

That said, I need to adjust mine because at the minute I get neutral sometimes when trying to shift from 2nd to 1st - the throw is slightly longer across neutral so need to account for that when setting it up.

If you do have manual currently I would leave that in place to give you the option - I sometimes use the stick if blobbing around in traffic, it's a bit kinder on the 'box. Use the paddles when more spirited.

40inches

posted on 19/7/24 at 08:39 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gingerprince
I retained the manual stick when I fitted mine so use that most of the time to find neutral, but it's not too difficult to give a gentle "clicklet" to get into neutral.

That said, I need to adjust mine because at the minute I get neutral sometimes when trying to shift from 2nd to 1st - the throw is slightly longer across neutral so need to account for that when setting it up.

If you do have manual currently I would leave that in place to give you the option - I sometimes use the stick if blobbing around in traffic, it's a bit kinder on the 'box. Use the paddles when more spirited.

This was my setup. Stick for traffic and slow roads.
Description
Description

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.