Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Gears and front flexis
muzz

posted on 21/8/05 at 06:20 PM Reply With Quote
Gears and front flexis

Just been out for first drive in my Indy GSXR1000 to calibrate the speedo coz im off for Sva on Tuesday and I cant work out if its changing gear properly. The revs dont obviously drop when you change gear.Im also not sure if im getting all 6 gears, the selection seems positive enough, but at 70mph its reving at about 5500. This may be normal, but ive never ridden a bike or been in a bike powered kit before. Im using a XR4x4 diff. Also how do you stop the braided front flexis supplied by MK from catching the wheels on full lock. No matter how much i twist them, because the steering locks over so far the cycle guards force the flexis to touch the tyre. This is not a problem when youre driving because you never need so much lock, but may be for Sva. Any ideas folks ?
Hellfire

posted on 21/8/05 at 07:33 PM Reply With Quote
Our twist them slightly to give you automatic coil-up

The throttle springs may not be strong enough to pull back the cable to accelerator so giving you minimal deceleration. The shift is very quick but you should feel all six gears.

Also - if you have never driven a bike the gears are 1 up, 5 down or vica versa.

Great isn't it?

muzz

posted on 21/8/05 at 08:00 PM Reply With Quote
How would i limit the lock Snoopy. I think i ll have to drive it a bit before i start playing around with the gears it might just be me thats not used to it. Its nothing like driving a car.
muzz

posted on 21/8/05 at 09:31 PM Reply With Quote
U2U sent Snoopy
greggors84

posted on 21/8/05 at 10:29 PM Reply With Quote
Not sure if snoopy told you in the u2u, but one way to limit the lock is to put jubilee clips round the track rods on the steering rack end so that it limits how much can go inside the rac. Do it under the rubbers so it cant be seen.

Chris

The Magnificent 7!

adam_moore

posted on 22/8/05 at 09:32 AM Reply With Quote
On the throttle cable issue...I was using throttle cable that I bought from VWP which was a steel cable and a steel lined housing. It was smooth in a straight line but when coiled around the engine bay, the throttle was very sticky and like yours appeared to stick slightly open (not very safe!). I swapped it for a teflon coated inner and outer (mtb cablefor decathlon) and its now super slick no matter what route it takes around the engine bay.
muzz

posted on 22/8/05 at 01:06 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the help guys. The jubilee clips sound a good idea, hadn't thought of that. I dont think a sticking throttle is the problem. Ive used a universal car cable that you can buy for Renaults and adapted it accordingly. It just doesnt feel like ive got my gear selector set up right. How far would you expect to have to move the stick back to select gears.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.