Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Robin Hood and his merry men
quinnj3

posted on 1/8/06 at 10:10 AM Reply With Quote
Robin Hood and his merry men

Hi i was on my way to Dublin a few weeks back to the oxegen festival when some of my friends spotted people working on a locost not far from my home. We turned around to speak to the men. Turns out the car was bought in england and drove the 500mls to NI no probs. It was a robin hood painted in Subaru Impreza blue with a nice set of 17" rims. I didn't say anything to the lads but the chassis was supposed to be stainless but yet there was some small corrosion in places and the wishbones etc seemed to be really roughly put together. Was not impressed. The 2 men thought thier car was the Bomb! nothing seemed to be put together well at all. I immedialtely discovered when talking to them that they knew nothing about Locosts at all. In saying that he was just goin to pick up his engine as he was having it tuned to the b**ls. It was a pinto and he reckoned it would push out between 170 and 190 bhp. i was telling him what i was building and showed him a few pics on my phone. He couldn't seem to grasp the fact that alot of these cars are built from scratch and sort of looked at me sideways as if i had 2 heads! He also reckoned that his vectra would have more grip in the corners. Gotta be something wrong there!

my aim is to build my own locost wether it takes me a week or 10 years to get started, i'm sure i will sometime

ned

posted on 1/8/06 at 10:14 AM Reply With Quote
i think i know the problem -- the guy is a muppet

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
quinnj3

posted on 1/8/06 at 10:19 AM Reply With Quote
i forget what he said he paid for it but i know it was too much. he would have been bettor off buying an MK or something and building it from scratch rather than buying a ready built car with somone elses mistakes. I suppose it would have been alright if he was able to see the roughness of the build but he seemed ablivious to it.

my aim is to build my own locost wether it takes me a week or 10 years to get started, i'm sure i will sometime

ned

posted on 1/8/06 at 10:26 AM Reply With Quote
sounds like something an old man would say but..

you just can't tell some people these days!!

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Mike R-F

posted on 1/8/06 at 04:28 PM Reply With Quote
Less of the ageism, please!
alister667

posted on 1/8/06 at 05:52 PM Reply With Quote
Tell him to pop down to Kirkistown on the next track day. That'll open his eyes.

List of trackdays in NI This year:-

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=42521

Some pics from the last one HERE

Even beter get him to bring his Vectra along!!

Cheers

Ali

[Edited on 1/8/06 by alister667]

http://members.lycos.co.uk/alister667/

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.