Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Overseas Carriage
smdl

posted on 19/8/06 at 05:27 AM Reply With Quote
Overseas Carriage

I am purchasing wishbones from MNR, and the quote for carriage to Canada is GBP 120.00! I got a quote from Royal Mail, and it appears that this is likely where MNR were quoting from. To his credit, Chris at MNR asked if I wanted to arrange my own courier, and I am planning to do that.

Can anyone give any recommendations for inexpensive overseas parcel delivery? I have seen some information on previous posts, but wanted to get opinions based upon up-to-date experiences.

Parcel is estimated at 25kg and 30x30x15 (cm).

Cheers,
Shaun

Wadders

posted on 19/8/06 at 06:49 AM Reply With Quote
You wont like this Shaun, but £120 seems reasonable. I recently shipped a 6kg package to Canada, and the cheapest i could find was £45. Sorry
I used this company
http://www.parcel2go.com/?lpsrc=google

slim Jim

posted on 19/8/06 at 11:09 AM Reply With Quote
I have used Interparcel in the past and they have been pretty good

Interparcel Link

Gunner1

posted on 19/8/06 at 02:07 PM Reply With Quote
On top of that, you are going to be hit with GST and PST and probably duty when it gets over here. To add insult to injury, I paid for parts shipped by air from Northern Ireland to be shipped by air to Victoira and they arrived six weeks later with a postal stamp "not to be shipped by air".
Have you thought about Chris at COLD in Vancouver, or depending on the lenghths Joe Racer from the states?

smdl

posted on 19/8/06 at 02:36 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the feedback, everyone. I will have a look at the options mentioned.

Wadders, I know that Parcel2Go will ship up to 25kg for GBP 61.99, so that might be the way I go. I am just a bit concerned, though, as I know that some people have been unsatisfied with their service. On the other hand, it seems that every parcel company has its share of very unhappy (and vocal) customers, so that might just be the way it works with that industry.

Gunner1, yes, I am well aware of the import routine that we Canadians must go through, having done this sort of thing before. Just trying to minimize the impact is all.

The reason I am bringing these in from the UK is that it seems the only way that I will get the combination of design features and options that I am seeking.

I have spoken many times to Chris at COLD, and he has been very helpful. I'm not familiar with Joe Racer, though, and a Google brings up a motorcycle parts supplier. Is this another supplier option for Locosters?

Cheers,
Shaun

Gunner1

posted on 19/8/06 at 09:44 PM Reply With Quote
There are a number of circle track suspension manufacturers in the states. Racer Joe is just one, Summit is a good source.
We designed our front suspension based upon these and with the exception of the lower control arms which we fabricated, everything was bought off the shelf. Top wishbones were about $65 Can each.
Drop me an email or U2U if you want some pictures of our front suspensions.
All fully adjustable for caster, camber, toe, anti dive, bump and ackerman.
I am located in Victoria if you want to have a look.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.