Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Indy R1, Fixed it then broke it!
kurt

posted on 13/4/07 at 04:53 PM Reply With Quote
Indy R1, Fixed it then broke it!

Having solved my rear end steering problem, thanks to Geoff (Jambojeef) for finding the loose rear wishbone bolt, I went for a spirited drive over the moors at the head of Weardale. As I pulled into Allenheads, I realised I had no clutch, so I stopped, tried to adjust it but found the cable frayed and snapping, (obviously the cable was not up to the two diaphragm spring modification). So I put it in neutral, got it started and tried to engage first, the plan being to limp the thirty miles home. The engine simply stalled and subsequent attempts produced the same result. I then tried to start it in gear but the starter wasn't up to it and all the electric power to failed. Blown fuse thinks I, but now it's home I've had a look and all fuses are OK (my fuse box is behind the dash hence no roadside check). Power from the battery is reaching the switch but only about 1.5V is reaching the fuses. Is the switch knackered or have I fried something else?
dilley

posted on 13/4/07 at 05:17 PM Reply With Quote
have yo got a bad earth??? starter motor should start a car in first gear unless the battery is nearly flat,put a lod test on your battery, it could read 12v but be knackered.
jambojeef

posted on 13/4/07 at 05:38 PM Reply With Quote
No way!

Thats really bad luck - sorry to hear that.

I dont know if yours is the same as mine but separate from the main fuse box is a little in line fuse right next to the battery - mine is almost on top of the positive terminal. Has yours got one? Could it be that?

The only other thing if it was turning over but isnt any more and the circuit isnt fused - could hte starter cable have overheated and melted onto an adjoining one??

Hope not but just a thought?!

Hope you get it sorted - give us a shout if I can help

Geoff

Guinness

posted on 13/4/07 at 05:52 PM Reply With Quote
Kurt

I'm really pleased you have got the handling sorted. Note to self, check nuts are tight! Another one to Geoff.

Can't add anything else constructive to the starter problem other than what has been said above.

Definately sounds like the main fuse to me though!

Cheers

Mike

DarrenW

posted on 13/4/07 at 06:07 PM Reply With Quote
I darent post a reply in case you come after me for compensation for your trainers

Guinness

posted on 13/4/07 at 06:16 PM Reply With Quote
Are we convoying down to Stoneleigh then?

Mike

coozer

posted on 13/4/07 at 06:52 PM Reply With Quote
Any spare seats for the weekend?? Darren, Mike?

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.