Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: RV8 oil plate...
gixxerpat

posted on 22/4/07 at 08:40 PM Reply With Quote
RV8 oil plate...

Anybody recommend a place (cheaper than Demon tweeks) to get a oil pump plate for a remote filter conversion, i dont mean a sandwich one as i dont have room.
blakep82

posted on 22/4/07 at 08:43 PM Reply With Quote
rally design?

http://www.rallydesign.co.uk/catalog/index.php?cPath=340_525

the items all say remote filler plate, but when you click on them it says 'filter'

£12 each +vat

was wondering if these existed today. measuring up my engine for the bay, and my steering collumn goes right through the filter

[Edited on 22/4/07 by blakep82]

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

Donners90

posted on 22/4/07 at 09:03 PM Reply With Quote
http://www.v8tuner.co.uk/product.php?id=147
Not cheap but don't know how much the DT ones are.
If you ring Paul at V8 Tuner he may be able to sell the base plate separately, or recommend a suitable replacement

mark chandler

posted on 22/4/07 at 09:13 PM Reply With Quote
You could try a 101 filter housing, turns the filter up into the engine. It has outlets for an oil cooler, blank these and drill out the bypass hole. should cost £50, only other thing required is a gasket, no hoses and all that other expensive stuff
02GF74

posted on 23/4/07 at 08:01 AM Reply With Quote
unless I am mistake, there are 2 types of base plate for the RV8.

One is effectively an take off plate as used with an oil cooler with an additional plate that replaces the oil filter and block of oil floing out of hte take off plate.

the second is a complete cover with two holes to whcih the hoses go - this is more compact thant the above item but being engine specific, it costs more.

see www.thinkauto.com for what I recon are the best prices -they after all manufacture this stuff and sell it to DT, RD and others.

gixxerpat

posted on 23/4/07 at 05:12 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah its the second option i'm after, a blanking off plate with just the two hose connections, D.T. want £90 ,which in real money (he he) would cost me best part of 150 euro.....damn euro, makes everything look soooo much dearer...

[Edited on 23/4/07 by gixxerpat]

gingerpaule

posted on 23/4/07 at 06:15 PM Reply With Quote
I got one of these a couple of weeks ago from Real Steel for around £45 +VAT. It came with an adaptor that goes where the filter normally lives, a new filter housing (with mounting holes) and a pair of long hoses to join the two together.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.