Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Autocad template??
omega 24 v6

posted on 16/8/07 at 08:30 PM Reply With Quote
Autocad template??

When using autocad 14 how do I make a print off of a drawing of a flange. I want to print it off full size at a 1:1 scale onto an A4 sheet in order to use it as a template to make a gasket. I know there are other ways of making a gasket etc but this is specifically an autocad question.

If it looks wrong it probably is wrong.

jos

posted on 16/8/07 at 08:38 PM Reply With Quote
in model space go into print manager set it to print to the printer youre wanting to print to and to the a4 paper size then set a window around your flange set the scale to 1:1 and apply and then print

in paper space you'll need set the printer and paper size and then maximise the viewport to fit in the margins of the selected paper. then double click inside the viewport and type

z (and then enter)
1:1xp (and then enter)

this will then set the zoom level to 1:1

then type ps (paper space) or double click outside the viewport and you can then print

the other way to make sure the scale is correct is to select the viewport and right click to bring up properties and one of the propety fields will be scale which obviusly needs to be 1:1

.: Motorsport / motor racing circuit / track wall art Apex Traxs :.

omega 24 v6

posted on 16/8/07 at 08:55 PM Reply With Quote
Wooo hoo many many thanks Jos.

balidey

posted on 16/8/07 at 09:01 PM Reply With Quote
Can i add, that the scale may not want to be 1:1. What you should do first is add two reference dimensions to the drawing, one width and one height, then print it at 1:1. When its printed off, measure the two dimensions, if they are spot on then print it off again without the dimensions on it. But what is more likely to happen is the print will be a 'bit out'. ie, a 50mm dimension may actually be 52mm, so the print scale needs adjusting. Our printer at work needs approx 1:1.05 to be as close as possible.

Hope that helps.

omega 24 v6

posted on 16/8/07 at 09:06 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Can i add, that the scale may not want to be 1:1. What you should do first is add two reference dimensions to the drawing, one width and one height, then print it at 1:1. When its printed off, measure the two dimensions, if they are spot on then print it off again without the dimensions on it. But what is more likely to happen is the print will be a 'bit out'. ie, a 50mm dimension may actually be 52mm, so the print scale needs adjusting. Our printer at work needs approx 1:1.05 to be as close as possible.

Ok I'll bear that in mind as well thank you. It'seems to have worked ok any way looks like I'll be doing a small jobbie to myself at work tommorrow

liam.mccaffrey

posted on 17/8/07 at 08:11 AM Reply With Quote
be careful with printing 1:1 as people have said

i have printed out a 117 pcd circle on all our printers in work specifically to see how accurate they were.

the laser printers are the worst whilst the super expensive A0 HP inkjet plotter we have had almost un-measurable errors, very impressive

Build Blog
Build Photo Album

Hurdsey

posted on 17/8/07 at 08:53 AM Reply With Quote
Keep it simple.
In model space draw a rectangle 297,210
thats your A4 sheet.
within the rectangle draw your gasket.
press print.
select your printer.
select your paper size=A4.
at the 'what to print' button, click window.
select the bottom left corner of your rectangle.
select the top right corner of your rectangle.
make sure the orientation is set to landscape.
set the plot scale to 1=1.
click print.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.