Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Braided fuel pipe sizes
A Nonny Mouse

posted on 31/10/07 at 07:08 PM Reply With Quote
Braided fuel pipe sizes

I'm looking at buying some braided pipe and its all listed in AN-6 AN-8 AN-10 ect how does the sizes work?

Is it AN-6 = 6mm id and so on?

thanks in advance for any help

RazMan

posted on 31/10/07 at 07:48 PM Reply With Quote
Give russbost a shout - he supplies good quality kit and will sort you out quickly.

p.s. Russ, can I have my beer now please

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
iiyama

posted on 31/10/07 at 09:00 PM Reply With Quote
http://www.speedflow.co.uk/help10.htm

Should help ya with the sizes.......

If its broke, fix it. If it aint broke, take it apart and find out how it works!

02GF74

posted on 1/11/07 at 09:31 AM Reply With Quote
I was reading about this the other day, seem to recall AN = Air forre Navy - a US standard, now the number after the dash?

think it would be imperial, something like the number of 1/16ths of an inch, 6 = 9.5 mm, 8 = 12.5 mm.

someone will no doubt tell me I've remembered it wrong.

now what the hell is JIC?!?!?

russbost

posted on 1/11/07 at 09:48 AM Reply With Quote
The braided hose I can supply is suitable for engine/gear/auto oils & leaded/unleaded/diesel fuels. Min order is 30cm, 8mm ID is £4.25 per 30cm, 10mm ID is £5.25 per 30cm, I am NOT Vat reg so no Vat
Prices come down for longer lengths.
I can also do a jubilee clip with a built in cover to keep the braid tidy & neat at the ends. HTH

[Edited on 12/11/07 by russbost]

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.