Board logo

Track day on dry concrete
asl - 31/5/09 at 08:44 PM

Hi all. I'm booked onto the Help the Heroes Day at Bovington on sunday. The surface is concrete. Is is going to destroy my brand new 888s? I was thinking about cancelling it and going to Bedford instead the day before. Any thoughts???

scoop - 31/5/09 at 09:21 PM

Might be a little worse but 7's arent heavy enough to destroy them in a day are they?

mookaloid - 31/5/09 at 09:50 PM

go to both

Dangle_kt - 31/5/09 at 10:51 PM

Bovington is a unique event, so I'd suck up any excess wear on the tyres, and enjoy it.

blakep82 - 31/5/09 at 11:36 PM

wet concrete would be better for the tyres, but rubbish for lap times

mangogrooveworkshop - 31/5/09 at 11:48 PM

STOP BEING A WIMP......DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT

Concrete is no worse than some of the surfaces you drive anyway. Its still stones glued together with white stuff instead of black goo.
Just keep the power starts to a min and smooth through the corners

smart51 - 1/6/09 at 07:00 AM

A day at Elvington ruined my tyres a few years ago. They were part worn to start with and locking up one of the fronts from 110 MPH didn't help but concrete is rough on tyres.

DM - 1/6/09 at 07:56 AM

booked on this one - cant wait

Im more worried about it not being dry concrete.... if it's wet I'll be taking it VERY easy!

asl - 1/6/09 at 05:44 PM

Thanks all. Yes I am being a bit of a pansy!! As it is only my second ever track day and 1st this season the combination of the concrete and lack of run off is a bit of a concern!!! Cheers all