tul214 - 18/3/13 at 10:18 PM

made me laugh

RK - 18/3/13 at 10:44 PM

Obviously...

adithorp - 18/3/13 at 10:52 PM

PMSL.

nick205 - 18/3/13 at 11:13 PM

PMSL too

How the hell did he get his right foot all the way over on the clutch pedal.......?

NigeEss - 18/3/13 at 11:18 PM

garyo - 19/3/13 at 12:00 AM

Left food braking gone wrong?

JacksAvon - 19/3/13 at 01:06 AM

As a former ARDS instructor with Everyman Motorsport I could feel every second of that. Funny though

Grimsdale - 19/3/13 at 08:11 AM

offset pedals in an unusual car?

whitestu - 19/3/13 at 08:52 AM

I like the instructors closing remark as he tries to remain professional: "I'm fine but that's ... less than an ideal situation"

dangerousbrian - 19/3/13 at 10:26 AM

hahah BRAKE!! BRAKEE!!! YOUR NOT BRAKING!!!

jamesbond007ltk - 19/3/13 at 12:04 PM

Is it just me or did he try turning in despite the fact he had clearly not lost the speed??

adithorp - 19/3/13 at 12:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jamesbond007ltk
Is it just me or did he try turning in despite the fact he had clearly not lost the speed??

No it's not you.

Any ideas as to what car it is?

Westy1994 - 19/3/13 at 12:25 PM

Geez, that is bad ...

You have to have fairly large balls to be a track instructor, I know many professional drivers will not entertain such a thing to earn a few more bob. Matt Griffin springs to mind, he now refuses to instruct after a fatality in a Ferrari some years ago at Goodwood I think it was.

Is there any reason why cars used for track instruction can't run the dual pedal setup as seen on all roadcar instructors cars? - just for situations like this. I have no clue how he 'thought' he was pressing the brake, and if he did think it was the brakes, why did he not notice that the pedal went to the floor?. I think he needs to do a road driving test before he gets behind the wheel of a track car again....

scootz - 19/3/13 at 01:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by garyo
Left food braking gone wrong?

That's what I was thinking... he's given it a go and got himself all in a tizzy!

beaver34 - 19/3/13 at 05:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Westy1994
Geez, that is bad ...

You have to have fairly large balls to be a track instructor, I know many professional drivers will not entertain such a thing to earn a few more bob. Matt Griffin springs to mind, he now refuses to instruct after a fatality in a Ferrari some years ago at Goodwood I think it was.

Is there any reason why cars used for track instruction can't run the dual pedal setup as seen on all roadcar instructors cars? - just for situations like this. I have no clue how he 'thought' he was pressing the brake, and if he did think it was the brakes, why did he not notice that the pedal went to the floor?. I think he needs to do a road driving test before he gets behind the wheel of a track car again....

the cars at palmer sport have a brake pedal on the passenger side and auto kill the thorottle if you come outside the track parameters

Westy1994 - 19/3/13 at 05:33 PM

Well that's reassuring ( for the instructor) someone ought to tell who ever runs that school !!

maccmike - 19/3/13 at 05:52 PM

hahaha. is it a 911?

Vindi_andy - 25/3/13 at 11:26 AM

Im fairly sure this has been posted before if not here then another forum and the comment on there was perhaps he normally drives an auto and does left foot braking regularly and got confused by the third pedal i.e. the clutch.

Ninehigh - 25/3/13 at 12:02 PM

quote:
I have no clue how he 'thought' he was pressing the brake, and if he did think it was the brakes, why did he not notice that the pedal went to the floor?. I think he needs to do a road driving test before he gets behind the wheel of a track car again....

That's actually a good point, not once did he say the brakes aren't working (which would be my immediate reaction if the pedal went to the floor)

puma931 - 25/3/13 at 12:07 PM

quote:
Geez, that is bad ...

@ Mercedes world they have duel pedals on their AMGs, and they keep traction control on :-(