Board logo

roll bar camera mount
rizla - 7/11/04 at 10:32 AM

has anyone bought a mount to put on the roll bar to mount a camcorder and if so where did you get it from,or is it a case of making one yourself(somehow)
cheers

mangogrooveworkshop - 7/11/04 at 12:17 PM

Scotlad borrows his buddys one and he says its brill. 90 qui from demon thieves thou.

But no vibration on the camera even in a bec.

Think the home made ones would have to over come the problem. Some one on this forum does cameras and mounts.....

I read some where a biker got stopped and was charged for speeding on the evidence gathered on his camcorder hours before...(read it onTop Gear perhaps)..Oh and the Jap with the Countach that sold a DVD with in car footage of Very high speed on public roads and was charged on that evidence in his home made movie.

mmmmm

rizla - 7/11/04 at 12:30 PM

thanx for that,il have a look on demon tweeks
the camera in the car is for me to send my dad who lives in spain some footage of the car(in and out)

scoobyis2cool - 7/11/04 at 12:34 PM

I reckon you could knock something up using a couple of exhaust mounting brackets around the rollbar with a plate on top and a screw to go into the camera's tripod hole. I don't know whether you could use some rubber sheet as insulation in between to isolate the vibration, this would no doubt be the biggest problem.

I'm gonna have a go at it when I'm home next (could be weeks), I'll let you know how I get on

Pete

JonBowden - 7/11/04 at 12:56 PM

Just to get you excited about what you can do with such a camera, try this :

http://216.180.55.64/Stalker_short.wmv

or go to the bottom of this page :

http://www.angelfire.com/biz6/stalkerv6/

mangogrooveworkshop - 7/11/04 at 01:24 PM

Two things missing
1 THE SUNSHINE
2 LOVELY SMOOTH ROADS

rizla - 7/11/04 at 01:40 PM

i dont think vibration is a major issue as most modern cameras have a anti-shake/vibration damper built in for those shaky hand moments

mangogrooveworkshop - 13/11/04 at 12:53 AM

Ok lads update on this home made mount.........we dun it for five quid and first test is good. Watch this space. I will post pictures tommorow. We are still looking into getting off the camera onto the computer. Advice on this bit welcome.

rizla - 14/11/04 at 03:54 PM

great i wait in antisipation for the pics