Board logo

power
nick-york - 5/11/14 at 10:05 PM

Hi all ! Ive downloaded an app onto my mobile that is supposed to be able to tell you your 0-60 acceleration time and your braking time .it works through gps .or is supposed to but it doesn't seem to work . Im just curious as to the performance of my 7.so can anybody on here give me a rough idea of how many hp I should have and what sort of 0-60 time I can expect please ? Im going to have it tested on a rolling road but probably not while spring.I ve got a locost 7 with a 2 litre pinto and twin dellorto carbs with a type 9 gearbox.It weighs approx 600kg. Maybe someone on here has a similar set up . Cheers - nick

SPYDER - 6/11/14 at 02:42 PM

There are loads of performance calculators on the net.
Pick one and put your figures in.
I just tried one based on your spec, guessing at 135hp and it came up with 0-60 time of 4.7 seconds!
How they do it without knowing gear ratios or tyre sizes is wonderful!

SCAR - 6/11/14 at 05:45 PM

Check wether you need to use an at the wheels bhp figure in the calculator which on a stock but rebuilt pinto with 40's and good exhaust might reach about 100 bhp. (120 flywheel) If its been ported and running a better cam with higher compression maybe 120 bhp (140 flywheel)
I would guess the 0 to 60 with 100bhp will be about 6.5 - 7 secs.

Corrected as first calculator I just opened uses flywheel bhp

[Edited on 6/11/14 by SCAR]

mcerd1 - 7/11/14 at 08:34 AM

take it to the drag strip

http://www.yorkraceway.org.uk/RWYB.html

nick-york - 7/11/14 at 09:31 AM

quote:
Originally posted by mcerd1
take it to the drag strip I was planning on going there in the spring when weathers a bit better . For a proper test .

http://www.yorkraceway.org.uk/RWYB.html

nick-york - 7/11/14 at 09:38 AM

Thanks for the replies .Ive looked on the net at performance calculators .if im lucky I should have a 0-60 time of around 6 seconds . Maybe a bit more or less .so im happy with that .I ll do some proper checks in spring and find out more precicely

craig1410 - 7/11/14 at 01:30 PM

Remember to account for the weight of the driver and fuel etc as well. I'd say you're probably closer to 7 seconds 0-60 to be honest but there are a lot of variables to take account of not least of which is tyres, especially with the colder temperatures of late. Using a different measure such as 30-70 through the gears or 40-60 or 60-80 in 3rd or 4th gear can sometimes be a more meaningful measure of a sports car.

Most importantly, enjoy the experience and keep it on the road!