Board logo

Fancy yourself aginst the stig?
Wadders - 11/11/06 at 09:31 PM

Just spotted this on pistonheads, gotta have a go once the weather gets warmer
http://www.pistonheads.com/trackdays/index.asp?storyId=15425

JoelP - 11/11/06 at 09:33 PM

now that sounds fun! if a little pricey

smart51 - 11/11/06 at 09:37 PM

Ive seen track days cost more and that doesn't include tuition. I'd love to have a go round dunsfold too. Sadly, I need the cash to get my engine running.

Wadders - 11/11/06 at 09:39 PM

Yeah just re- read it slowly and noticed it only lasts 2 hrs, but still think it would be a laugh, especially if you get a copy of the video, imagine doing a michael gambon in a 7

Originally posted by JoelP
now that sounds fun! if a little pricey

Phil. S - 12/11/06 at 12:06 AM

Just read some of the contributions on the PH forum. God there's some whingy b***ers on there. Couldn't resist adding mt two pence worth.

chockymonster - 12/11/06 at 12:20 AM

I've driven the track at dunsfold on a Lancer Register day.

I got 4 laps of the circuit and to be honest although it was a fun experience I wouldn't do it again, the time you get on the track means you'll never learn the circuit enough to have a real go.

It's a very challenging drive with some very challenging corners and the follow through at 110 is damned scary

mark.s - 12/11/06 at 12:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Phil. S
Just read some of the contributions on the PH forum. God there's some whingy b***ers on there. Couldn't resist adding mt two pence worth.

i know what you mean, alot of them are so far stuck up there own ar$e ole its untrue. i went to a pistonheads meeting with mrs a few years back.... not for me
You can't beat the locost boys

cheers mark

[Edited on 12/11/06 by mark.s]

russbost - 12/11/06 at 01:09 PM

quote:

You can beat the locost boys

Don't you mean you can't beat the locost boys?

mark.s - 12/11/06 at 03:06 PM

thanks for that

Phil. S - 12/11/06 at 03:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by russbost
quote:

You can beat the locost boys

Don't you mean you can't beat the locost boys?

You can beat them if you like. So long as it's consensual.

John Bonnett - 16/11/06 at 06:06 PM

I cannot believe their price.There is no way in the world they can justify charging £222 for 2 hours. How much does that work out to in terms of track-time per pound. They are not even using their cars. When I worked at Bedford Autodrome the circuit was hired out and probably still is, for Summer's evenings at less than that with instructors on hand if required. there's acres of run-off, a 3 mile circuit and a straight long enough to max anything. Now that's value!!