Board logo

glove box in the dash
graememk - 17/2/10 at 08:28 PM

anyone put a small glove box style storage box in the dash ? pics what did you use ect ect

locostbuyer83 - 17/2/10 at 08:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by graememk
anyone put a small glove box style storage box in the dash ? pics what did you use ect ect

Whatever you come up with, its gotta be better than citroen's attempt on the xantia...

Daddylonglegs - 17/2/10 at 08:55 PM

Have a peek on here mate

Humbug - 17/2/10 at 09:28 PM

I actually used a glove box from a Metro, but put it behind the seat. I have also got a coupled of elastic netting pockets: one underneath the dash, the other on the passenger side of the tunnel.

[img]http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?action=attachment&tid=35711&pid=294065[/img]

maskell01 - 17/2/10 at 09:47 PM

I used the same carpet that i used for the rest of the car,its not massive,but big enough to get the basics in!wallet,mobile etc!

pretty sturdy considering!but its about10 "x 4"x 8"
i got some added strength from the loom fuse boxes that were holding the bottom of it in place!
it also gave a nice easy convenient place for the fuses!

ilk get a photo or 2 for you tomorrow!

morcus - 17/2/10 at 10:08 PM

If theres space behind you dash you could just cut a hole in it, line the inside and make a door, like Gloveboxes on older cars.

Another Idea that migh be useful would be to put one ontop of your transmission tunnel, you could probably find some sort of office storage box from staples of simillar and mount it where the tunnel meets the rear bulkhead.