Board logo

New dampers
ceebmoj - 10/9/12 at 11:27 AM

Looks like I'm going to need a new set of dampers shortly for my the locost with a live axle. Does any body have any recommendations, of ones to get or avoid. I was hoping to spend something in the region of £100 a damper, and fancied alloy boded one because they look nice ;-). However what is good and in my budget?

Forgot to add the car is mostly used on the road by me, i.e. an unskilled driver.

[Edited on 10/9/12 by ceebmoj]

MikeCapon - 10/9/12 at 11:37 AM

Protech. That is all.

imp paul - 10/9/12 at 11:41 AM

i think kev is spot on at proteck .also is very helpful and are well made . shocks are a good price and he will fix any problems with out fuss top man that's just my thorts

Bluemoon - 10/9/12 at 11:48 AM

Might be worth speaking to Matt at Procomp, he can supply correctly valved and dyno'ed/matched protech units..

procomp - 10/9/12 at 12:28 PM

Hi.

As above if interested we can supply the Protech units but built by ourselves. That gives you the advantage of having them with the correct valving for the application and also they are matched and balanced.

Cost for single adjustable units with bonded bushes. £98. + £12 P&P.

Cheers Matt

ceebmoj - 10/9/12 at 09:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by procomp
Hi.

As above if interested we can supply the Protech units but built by ourselves. That gives you the advantage of having them with the correct valving for the application and also they are matched and balanced.

Cost for single adjustable units with bonded bushes. £98. + £12 P&P.

Cheers Matt

Do you have a price list on the web sight? If so please can you send me a link, all I can see is the price on the Westfield page of £89.50
http://www.procomp.co.uk/westfields.html

RK - 10/9/12 at 10:36 PM

yes, protech is cheaper from them directly, but they might not be valved optimally, hence the procomp price difference.

ceebmoj - 10/9/12 at 11:05 PM

I'm sure i'm just missing something, because the procomp web sight it says on the second bullet point

http://www.procomp.co.uk/westfields.html
"Aluminum Protech Dampers supplied with valving to suit your application, Dynod and Balanced £89.50 each"

maby a case of the web sight being out of date? I will give procomp a ring in the morning.