Board logo

roll bar tidy up
nick-york - 17/10/14 at 08:20 PM

My rollbar is a little bit scruffy and ive been thinking about having it painted or powdercoated .I had a quote today for having it shotblasted .I was told if the original finish was paint then it would cost £50-£60 or £100 if it had been powdercoated .I thought this was quite expensive . So is this expensive or about the going rate ?also would nitro morse remove powdercoating ? And how much can I expect to pay for it to be powdercoated please ? Its just a basic rollbar with a 45° support bar . Cheers - nick

sdh2903 - 17/10/14 at 08:42 PM

As a guide I had my powder coated roll bar shot blasted and recoated in satin black for 120 after I had welded some brackets on to it.

nick205 - 17/10/14 at 09:09 PM

An angle grinder with a wire wheel will strip paint or powder coat of very quickly. If you don't have one a grinder can be had for <£50 and a wire wheel for ~£5. Wash and dry, red oxide or zinc primer spray can ~£5-8. Satin black spray can ~ £5-8. A couple of evenings work. Then if it needs touching up in a years time you have the stuff to do it.

owelly - 18/10/14 at 08:08 AM

Try Ryedale Blasters in Malton. I think they can arrange powder coating too but if not, get a Friday cash quote from Carnaby Coatings..