Board logo

Fury - RGB Class F - converting road car ?
Tris - 1/10/11 at 09:46 PM

Hello All,

Toying with the idea of having a go in RGB, initially (and might still) go down the Class R route, but i must admit i have always loved the lines of the Fury (Class F) and it would present a vastly cheaper option than the new wave of Class R Cars.

Does anyone know what would be involved in taking a second hand fury and making it competitive ? Is this a realistic route or would i be better off looking at a new ?

I know that there was several options for the chassis (Live/IRS, light and Lowered), do i need to look out for a specific version ?.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Tris

TimC - 2/10/11 at 05:04 AM

Others will be able to answer this better than me, but you would ideally want a lowered IRS chassis I believe - and avoid the version of the car with the Sierra uprights.

To be honest, you'd be better-off buying Derek Jones' car which I understand he's putting up for sale - you'll probably want to invest in some bodywork or at least paint though!

Tris - 2/10/11 at 10:24 AM

Thanks Tim - Do you have Dereks's contact details ?

TimC - 2/10/11 at 02:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Tris

Sorry Tris, I haven't got an e-mail or telephone number. Your best bet would be to join rgb-racing.org.uk and send him a PM.

progers - 3/10/11 at 09:30 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Tris

Hi Tris,

You have U2U with contact details for Derek. As mentioned by Tim, register yourself on the RGB forum site. There will be several cars coming up for sale at the end of the season.

Regards

Paul

Tris - 3/10/11 at 10:25 AM

Thanks paul - received your message and have sent Derek a PM via the RGB forum

Cheers
Tris

[Edited on 3/10/11 by Tris]