Board logo

Decibel limits?
40inches - 7/1/14 at 11:41 AM

Gearing up to do a few track days this year. Looking on the Blyton web site it looks like the limit is 95db
Is this a problem? Has anyone with a BEC been kicked off?

daveb666 - 7/1/14 at 12:01 PM

Blyton is 105db mate:

http://www.trackdays.co.uk/calendar/

Disregard the Blyton website, stick with the documented limits noted by the trackday organisers. I've been to Blyton a few times and have heard some very very loud cars that have never been black flagged.

It's also worth noting it's not a drive-by, its a static test so if you pass the test in the morning you'll be OK.

Also, I'm going for one in the next couple of weeks probably. I'll let you know when I've booked if you fancy it?

adithorp - 7/1/14 at 12:11 PM

Blyton has always been 105db at every day I've done there, however I've yet to see a static test carried out there.

They do have a drive-by meter (on the control cabin I believe) but I've only ever seen one car pulled for it. That was a Fiesta modified to RWD... and it was the dump valve on cossy turbo that was tripping the meter (PPC day last year). I snapped my exhaust just after the collector that day and it still didn't cause a problem.

Davey D - 7/1/14 at 01:10 PM

as above, its 105 at Blyton. They dont noise check you before hand, but it you are noticeably loud, then they will pull you in. I was there once, and a guy in a TVR was waiting at the start light. It went green, and he nailed the throttle.... jeeebus it was loud as hell.. everyone looked at each other, then over to the marshalls to see them shaking their heads. Needless to say as soon as he got round to the end of the lap he was black flagged, and brought it

Nickp - 7/1/14 at 02:12 PM

At Blyton, if you are loud, just take it easy off the line and go steady as you pass the line also. Should be fine TBH.