Board logo

750MC at Brands Hatch
speedyxjs - 19/5/07 at 06:14 PM

Been to brands today for my brother to do his young drive course and was able to watch the 750 motor club
I think there were a few people from here there but i didnt want to ask for fear of looking like an idiot.
I got some great pics in my archive for anyone who is interested

Dillinger1977 - 19/5/07 at 06:43 PM

the 2 red sevens are MNR with the new nose bodywork

'Quick car! - Brands' photo - heh.. probably Marc himmself!
(though he usually chooses 69 as a number I think so perhaps another MNR driver)

(edit) it appears #75 is down as Gordon Griffin

[Edited on 19/5/07 by Dillinger1977]

Fozzie - 19/5/07 at 06:44 PM

The racer in the red car......

I do believe is Marc of MNR

Picture below from speedyxjs' photo archive

ATB Fozzie

One of us in the red car?
One of us in the red car?

speedyxjs - 19/5/07 at 06:47 PM

I thought so! There was a red one and a dayglow one. they both looked pretty quick

Fozzie - 19/5/07 at 06:48 PM

Rog ... you beat me to it!

Fozzie

Humbug - 19/5/07 at 07:16 PM

I'm going tomorrow... hopefully the weather will hold up. Last time I went was May bank holiday and there was a downpour during which several old Aston Martins came a major cropper...

amalyos - 19/5/07 at 08:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Fozzie

The red car in the picture isn't Marc, he races tomorrow.
The car in the picture is an MNR, but has a V8 in it.

Fozzie - 19/5/07 at 08:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by amalyos
quote:
Originally posted by Fozzie

The red car in the picture isn't Marc, he races tomorrow.
The car in the picture is an MNR, but has a V8 in it.

I stand corrected!
Fozzie

Agriv8 - 19/5/07 at 09:29 PM

Can report back that is definatly Mathew Lewis ( full cage and black air scoop )

Must be mathew in qualifying ( with sticky trottle ) he got pranged at the start of the main race. carried on for a few laps but was strugling on investigation the adjusted rear upright was giving 6mm toe out , seems the upright took the force of the impact.

Anyway I am back in Yorkshire Left marc and Chrid to it, will post up as soon as I have any info on qual / race .

Marc and MNR had a good couple of test sessions friday afternoon ( including a shakedown after the Lyden impact ) few minor adjustments made a big diference to the trackability.

TTFN

Agriv8

Agriv8 - 19/5/07 at 09:35 PM

Thats Mathew in Qulify as a start line incident left mathew with no rear artch and 6mm of toe out.

Marc qualifies and races tomorow, but the 2 X 1/2hr sessions on friday ( mainly shake down after lyden rebuild ) meant we could tweak the settings ).

Fozzie you must have been in front of the truck to take that photo?

Will post up if marc get chance to call me tommorow, as I have left them down there.

REgards

Agriv8

[Edited on 19/5/07 by Agriv8]

GeorgeM - 20/5/07 at 09:46 PM

quick update re marc -
transponder only registered once in quili, but still managed 15th on grid.
race red flagged twice so had to be run at end of day. car was good
for 4 or 5 laps but then had wheel bearing problem. started 15th finished 9th.
well done under the circumstances marc!
and then the long drive home!!

Fozzie - 21/5/07 at 08:19 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Agriv8
Thats Mathew in Qulify as a start line incident left mathew with no rear artch and 6mm of toe out.

Marc qualifies and races tomorow, but the 2 X 1/2hr sessions on friday ( mainly shake down after lyden rebuild ) meant we could tweak the settings ).

Fozzie you must have been in front of the truck to take that photo?

Will post up if marc get chance to call me tommorow, as I have left them down there.

REgards

Agriv8

[Edited on 19/5/07 by Agriv8]

Oooo No! Its NOT my photo....

It was taken by speedyxjs...... he put it in his archive, and I posted it up for him!

I thought it was Marc, purely as it was the same colour as the racer on his web-site....hence I said 'I believe...its Marc' ....
And I knew he was racing at the meeting.....

Sadly prior commitments (Goodwood) prevented me from going at the weekend... ... which was a shame as I always make the 750MC at Brands......to spectate.....it is usually in June though, so.......plans went sadly awry this year...

Fozzie

procomp - 21/5/07 at 08:21 AM

Hi the dayglo car was the LA gold of steve lansley.

The pole man for kits was also a member of here MAWMAW but no pics.

Cheers matt

PS they dont use the transponders for timing in quali.

[Edited on 21/5/07 by procomp]

TimC - 21/5/07 at 03:05 PM

What happened in the RGB race? Rumour has it the two front runners had a bit of a "incident."

Can we find the results anywhere yet?

progers - 21/5/07 at 03:17 PM

Hi Tim,

The RGB race was red flagged twice due to various "incidents" on the first lap of each start. The race was put at the back of the timetable and eventually we ran a 13 min +1 race at around 5pm after we had a good talking to by the clerk of the course....

Rob and Gordon had a real ding-dong race at the front swapping places nearly every lap. On lap 12 Gordon spun exiting Paddock and poor Rob had nowhere to go except straight into Gordon - both ending up in the gravel trap with a fair amount of damage.

In the end the placing were

1) Steve Robinson (A)
2) Mike Atkinson (C)
3) Me! (B)
4) John Cutmore (C)
5) Derek Jones (C)
6) Alistair Boulton (C)
7) Time Hoverd (C)
8) Jonathan Thackray (C)
9) Marc Nordon (C)
10) Matt Rowe

I was only 0.01 behind Mike in 2nd.... Hopefully drivers will be a bit more careful on the 1st lap and keep a better eye out for the red flags when they appear (me included).

- Paul

TimC - 21/5/07 at 03:40 PM

Well done that man!

Which R1 motor are you running?

progers - 21/5/07 at 04:36 PM

Thanks! - it helps when a few people ahead of you fall off the track...

The motor is a 2003 injection. Not quite the same horsepower as the latest 1 litre screamers but its been very reliable with no surge issues etc.

- Paul

Agriv8 - 21/5/07 at 09:24 PM

Well done paul marc mentioned about the talking to .

REgards

Agriv8

progers - 21/5/07 at 09:43 PM

my bottom is still sore

marc n - 22/5/07 at 08:22 AM

very enjoyable weekend overall, and very promising, qualifying was a bit of a let down, just didnt push hard enough, and didnt know what times we where doing, race took three attempts to get underway picked up a bit of damage on race one start to left front tyre meaning i lost an inch of tyre contact patch due to a rubbing cycle wing bracket after the carnage when the reds came out, had to avoid three cars who on seeing the redflags instead of slowing down safely performed an emergancy stop, but i managed to swerve and nudge the back of pauls car bending the cyclewing bracket sorry paul
on the third attempt at the race got a great start and moved into a train with paul and the other leading pack car felt great and i felt really confident then after lap five the car started to get looser and looser on the left rear, later found out my wheel bearing nut had come undone and was giving me an interesting variance of 8mm toe in to 8mm toe out which made the car rather lively
all in all a great weekend with a real posive that we where able to run comfortably up the front in the race at the start also we have cured the overheating issues, and the electric reverse works perfectly all things really that should have been proved with some pre season testing but alas we have no time so every qualifying and race is a test for us at the moment until we can find some time to test

best regards

marc

p.s well done paul and hope the bottom isnt too bruised

progers - 22/5/07 at 11:34 AM

No probs marc, just one of those things. There were definitely several cars swerving all over the place at the graham hill bend. The sore bottom was referring to the caning we got from the CoC

Glad the car is working well now. When's your next outing?

- Paul

procomp - 23/5/07 at 08:19 AM

Hi the results from brand over the weekend are up.

RGB LINK

LOCOST LINK

KITCAR LINK

SR+GT LINK

cherrs matt

marc n - 24/5/07 at 08:44 AM

No probs marc, just one of those things. There were definitely several cars swerving all over the place at the graham hill bend. The sore bottom was referring to the caning we got from the CoC

Glad the car is working well now. When's your next outing?

- Paul

i think the thing that upset him the most was the chap spinning into the gravel on the exit of clearways

dont think we will make mallory, besides its a pretty pants track, unfortunately i miss cadwell ( awesome track ) due to wedding, next time we will be out is snett which should mean we can do some decent testing before hand, we did friday afternoon at brands but it was only two half an hour sessions so could only play with tyre pressures and spring preloads, will have internet acess at our wedding venue so i can keep up to date with results etc

good luck for the next meetings paul

best regards

marc

progers - 25/5/07 at 08:57 AM

Good luck with the wedding - couldn't the honeymoon be in the Lincolnshire Wolds?

Fozzie - 25/5/07 at 09:37 AM

quote:
Originally posted by progers
Good luck with the wedding - couldn't the honeymoon be in the Lincolnshire Wolds?

That reminds me...... when we used to race at Cadwell, we always used to stay in a lovely village very near by called Donnington on Bain, at a wonderful pub called The Black Horse..... everything about it was superb (going back a few or so years though) ..... make a great Honeymoon base!

Fozzie

timhoverd - 26/5/07 at 07:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by progers
my bottom is still sore

Serves you right for not being able to spell my name...

Tim

progers - 27/5/07 at 08:50 AM

Ahah - the lurker reveals himself!

Beefed up them rosejoints yet?

- Paul

timhoverd - 28/5/07 at 12:24 AM

quote:
Beefed up them rosejoints yet?

- Paul

Yup, mainly by buying some more expensive ones!

Been doing a lot of chassis welding and brake pipe replacement over the weekend and just about got the car back together now, albeit with no water, oil or brake fluid...

Tim

chockymonster - 28/5/07 at 09:57 AM

Footage from Rob's car of the incident at paddock

Click

progers - 28/5/07 at 10:23 AM

Great footage! Rob didn't have anywhere to go really its hard to change your line once your committed to that corner.