Board logo

Racing seat
stevetzoid - 20/8/07 at 10:54 AM

Hi all, Now I know what happened at silverstone I am thinking about fitting an alloy seat who has one and what do you think anyone had a bump in one?.
I believe Kirby make one but who supplies them?.
Cheers for any help. Steve.

Richard Quinn - 20/8/07 at 10:58 AM

Steve, I can probably get hold of a Kirkey seat for you. They come in standard, intermediate and lightweight styles and various widths so you could do with trying one first.
Send me U2U if interested.

GazzaP - 20/8/07 at 10:59 AM

Hiya steve

Demon tweeks do them but so do alot of the oval racing shops. I have to say though my injuries would have been alot worse if i was not using the grp seat that i have got as it did allow a bit of movement.

Gary

andrews_45 - 20/8/07 at 04:52 PM

Steve, glad to see that your alright.

Out of interest what type of seats were you using? A home made foam filled one or a fibreglass type?

stevetzoid - 20/8/07 at 04:56 PM

Hi, mine was a moulded foam one that absorbed the energy and split, Gary I think had a grp and quite a heavy smash.
Regards Steve.

andrews_45 - 20/8/07 at 05:37 PM

Bloody hell

Must have been some impact

stevetzoid - 20/8/07 at 06:09 PM

It appears to have ripped Glenn's front wheel and suspension straight off although I didn't see that I was a bit confused at the time.
Regards Steve, when will you be out?.

procomp - 20/8/07 at 06:23 PM

Hi steve. I dont suppose for a mo that you have checked the datalogger for the G on impact have you.

Would be interested to hear what it was if recorded.

cheers matt

andrews_45 - 21/8/07 at 05:52 AM

i was going to enter last weekend, but the engine is too unreliable. i went to silverstone to see a guy bout building me an engine. plan to do a full season next year