Board logo

Putting a locost in a road rally?
james h - 27/7/08 at 01:19 AM

I have just got back from the Morecambe Road Rally, which runs through my village. (Infact it is still going on as I write this, it actually finishes in North Yorkshire at Bentham, at around 4 a.m.!!)

As I was watching the various Peugeots, Corsas etc. coming through a farm section, I was wondering if anybody had put a locost in a road rally?

Looking briefly at the regulations, (Linky)I can't think of anything which would stop such a thing, although it mentions cars complying with MSA Regulations C(b), so that might be prohibitive, but I don't have a clue what these regulations are.

Of course, having to drive on 'whites' (farm tracks as I found out) would not necessarily be the easiest thing to do in a tarmac orientated Locost, but surely the obvious answer would be to raise the suspension to a suitable degree (perhaps get a 'rally' set)? I saw lots of ground scraping cars so I think the clearance issue could be solved.

Apart from that, suitable tyres are needed, and perhaps a sump guard.

It might be the time of night or perhaps I'm going slightly loco, but is it realistic to put a Locost through a road rally? Or at least try?

James

charlierevell - 27/7/08 at 02:44 AM

Fluke motorsport used to do videos of it on their site!
have a look!

Ivan - 27/7/08 at 06:52 AM

I think there's someone on here who does it but can't remember who.

bob - 27/7/08 at 07:00 AM

http://www.guildofmotorendurance.co.uk/

Try this, hicost is the person on this ste with a healthy appetite for timed road endurance rallies

BenB - 27/7/08 at 12:31 PM

Or just go on tour with the Se7ens list peeps- that rapidly becomes a race to see who can get to the next hotel quickest